.Chapter 12.

im still heartbroken queen lizzie is gone
even tho the royal family kind of shady😂
-----

im still heartbroken queen lizzie is goneeven tho the royal family kind of shady😂-----

"If we could ferment the port, we could make acetic acid,"

The time travelers and the old woman are still stuck in the conference room. The Slitheen still outside planning their destruction of the world.

Rose and Elizabeth were crowded around the intercom on the center of the table, still talking to Mickey and Jackie. The Doctor was standing behind Elizabeth with his arms crossed against his chest.

"There's loads of emergency numbers. They're all on voicemail," Mickey says causing the girls to sigh.

"Voicemail dooms us all," Elizabeth mutters to herself. The Doctor's mouth cracked a smile when he heard the human girl.

"If we could just get out of here," Rose groaned.

"There's a way out," The alien begins. "There's always been a way out."

"What? Then why don't we use it?" The blonde asked. The Doctor crosses the room and leans towards the intercom. "Because I can't guarantee your daughter will be safe."

"Don't you dare!" Jackie shouted. "Whatever it is, don't you dare!"

"That's the thing. If I don't dare, everyone dies."

Elizabeth and Rose stared at each other, as if they were communing through their thoughts. They both had the same idea, a dangerous one.

"Do it," Rose finally says.

"You don't even know what it is. You'd just let me?" The Doctor asked. His thoughts were battling in his head, how does he keep them safe. Especially, Elizabeth.

"Yeah. We will," Elizabeth states. The alien and the peculiar girl share a look of understanding. Elizabeth caught a glimpse of the battle behind The Doctor's eyes. She tried silently reassuring him with her eyes, hoping he would go through with the plan even though they were in danger.

"Please, Doctor. They're just kids," Rose's mother pleads over the phone.

"Do you think I don't know that? 'Cause this is my life, Jackie. It's not fun, it's not smart. It's standing up and making a decision because nobody else will," The Doctor says.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Elizabeth asked him.

"I could save the world, but lose you," He answers. Which he did not want. Rose could see the pain in his eyes as he spoke. Rose knew then, The Doctor was attached to Elizabeth. Somehow, she didn't hold any jealousy. She felt a sort of melancholic happiness for Elizabeth.

"Except it's not your decision, Doctor," Harriet butted in, "It's mine."

"And who the hell are you?" Jackie shouts.

Elizabeth rolls her eyes. "Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North. The only elected representative in this room, chosen by the people for the people,"

"You just had to ask, Jackie," Elizabeth mumbles quietly and rubs her temple as Harriet spoke.