Chapter 48 | The Cake Is Fine

NYX MANSON

VINCENZO LIFTS A confused brow as he stares at the man in front of us. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” he hisses and folds his arms over his broad chest. I can’t help but stare intently at this man.

He’s looks as if he has just fallen out of an anime series. He’s extremely handsome with silky, black hair hanging in his eyes, and he has this dark aura around him. His dark eyes meet mine, and I don’t hide the fact that I’m staring at him. I shift out from Vincenzo’s back to get a better look at this man.

He isn’t even armed, so I have a feeling he isn’t our enemy right now. The man smiles at me and winks, a shy smile crawling onto my face before he turns his gaze back to Vincenzo. “If you wanted to kill them so badly, you could’ve just called me to let you in,” the man laughs.

The man makes way for us to walk in, and I decide to walk into the house first. Enzo follows me in, staying close to me as he glares at the man in front of us. “I’m impressed your woman was able to get past my security, well, partially,” he states while looking down at me.

Vincenzo scoffs. “You aren’t working with the Bravta, right Mitsuhiro?” The man shakes his head, but Vincenzo scoffs again. “Good. I wasn’t going like the thought of shooting my best friend,” he laughs, amused.

I lift a brow. His best friend?

“I would never betray my best friend,” the man, Mitsuhiro, chuckles. “They’re in the East wing,” he adds.

I smile widely. “Thank you so much,” I say with a bow.

“She’s beautiful and so respectful, but there’s no need for that,” he says, and I straighten up. “Have fun.” Vincenzo holds his hand out to Mitsuhiro, who takes a hold of it. They pull each other into a brotherly hug and whisper to each other before separating.

I thank Mitsuhiro again before we make our way to the East wing. We search each room on this side and get to the last one. We nod at each other before he opens the door, and I enter the room with my gun raised.

“Took you long enough,” Paula laughs from her seat in the corner of the room. Ivan moves his hand towards the gun on the table in front of him, and Vincenzo shoots him in the head without a second to waste.

Her eyes widen as her companion drops dead on the table in front of her. “You just killed him,” she whispers as she reaches out to touch him.

“Yeah, he did,” I laugh while looking around the room. “And you’re next,” I hiss.

She smirks. “You’re going to hide behind a gun?” She grits. I drop my gun and kick it to the side.

“Square up then,” I challenge while lifting my fists. “Gun or no gun, you ain’t leaving this room alive.”

She laughs while rolling her fists in my face, underestimating me. Paula tries to punch me, but I dodge it and sweep my foot across the floor, tripping her in the process. She falls on her back with a loud thud and groans as she arches her body up. “Too easy,” I laugh while kicking her side. She rolls over onto her side, and I drive my foot into her spine twice.

She kicks the back of my knees when I try kicking her again, and I lose my balance. Both my knees buckle, and I stumble forward. She’s quick to stand, and before I can even process it, she kicks me in the stomach and then in the hip.

I take a few steps back, and she follows me, punching me in the stomach a second later.

I grab a hold of her arm and kick her shoulder blade. She screams as I force her arm up her back. She squirms in my hold, and sometimes I apply more pressure. “You little bitch,” she grits. She uses her free hand to pull a sharp dagger out from her side and hiss when she cuts my arm.

I kick her shoulder blade again as I try to to pull her arm from its socket. I kick her away from me and she pulls another dagger out from her side. She throws the dagger and I’m unable to dodge it. I hiss when the dagger stabs into my side, but I quickly pull it out.

“Try that again,” I challenge her, dropping the bloody dagger at my feet. She smirks and throws another dagger at me, but I catch it, the sharp blade cutting into my palm. Her eyes widen and she pulls yet another dagger out from her side.

I flip the dagger in my hand and she scoffs. “You really want to—” I throw the dagger at her throat.

“Die?” I laugh as she grabs her neck. “You’re the one dying,” I hiss.

Blood seeps through the gaps between her fingers as she tries keeping it in. “I—” she chokes on her own blood which makes me smile.

“Bitch,” I laugh and kick the dagger deeper into her windpipe. “Vincenzo. . .” I mutter while turning around.

“You’re bleeding out my love.” He grabs a hold of me, panic in his eyes, and I look down at my side.

I shake my head. “Let’s go home. I want some cake.” He lifts a brow. “I’m fi—”

· · · · ·

VINCENZO MARTINELLI

Nyx finally moves on the bed. She’s been out cold for the past three days and all I’ve been doing is worrying about her. If I just did my job of protecting her, she wouldn’t have almost bled out right in front of me.

She rolls onto her side, quietly wincing into the covers before rolling onto her back. “Enzo?” I climb onto the bed besides her. “Did I pass out?” She whispers as she opens her eyes.

The roaring fire that first pulled me in shines in her golden eyes.

“Yes.”

“Fuck,” she groans while sitting up. “Is she dead?” I only nod and she also nods.

The room stays quiet for what feels like a decade. “You ok?” Is all I manage to think of.

She looks up from her hands and slightly smiles at me. “Yeah.” She crawls to me and straddles my lap. She places her head on my shoulder. “I killed someone,” she whispers.

I run my hand up her back then back down, feeling her body relax into mine as she pulls herself closer to my chest. “She deserved it.” She nods. “I have something for you,” I say with a smile and she lifts her head.

I stand up with her wrapped around my body, but I tell her to sit on the bed. She unwraps herself from my body and walks to the bed.

She crosses her legs and tilts her head to the side as she watches me walk over to the dresser. I pick up the white box and turn around, her eyes lighting up the moment she sees the box.

“Is that what I think it is?” She asks in a cheerful tone. She jumps up from the bed and runs over to me. Nyx suddenly loses her balance and falls forward. I throw my body in front of hers and we both crash on the floor.

“The cake is fine!” She giggles as she holds the box up and I just smile at her.

_____________________________________________

need me a slice of cake

· · · · ·

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!
XOXO.
_____________________________________________