Back On Track

Haileys pov
"Hailey, you have guests" Denise said before continuing through the house then Natasha and Rory showed up shortly after.
"Uh hi" Natasha said as I raised my eyebrow at her tone "hey, is something wrong" "I know Isaac finally went to work today so I called to check on you but you didn't answer. I freaked out and called Rory" "then I called you and you didn't answer so here we are" Rory finished.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry. I've barely looked at my phone since Isaac left except for ordering groceries. I got up and did some Pilates then shaved, showered, and washed my hair. Maria just left after doing my nails" I said holding my hands out "is something happening" "not really. Isaac has been super helpful this last month and he hasn't seen me in anything but a tshirt and sweats for the one time we went to the OB for a checkup. I've been the shittiest wife no matter how much slack everyone wants to cut me. I feel horrible. So I'm trying to look semi presentable and I'm cooking dinner for him" "I'm 100% sure this is not what he's expecting" "I know and that's why he's been amazing but I still feel bad and I hate feeling like I'm not doing enough for him. And don't say he doesn't think that way because it does not help" "well do you need help" Rory asked "no I'm okay. Ahead of schedule actually".

"How've you guys been" I asked "me, great. Natasha" Rory prompted so clearly I missed something "well Alexei and I broke up" "what why" "I went through his phone and found this girl, Mariah. Maybe I'm crazy who knows. But they texted for like a week straight and I think it was about work but when I asked him about it, he acted like he's never heard of a Mariah" "so he lied" Rory asked "not really. Turns out he forgot he saved her as Mariah because her name is Barbara and she's informing him on something. I had already tore all his shit up and slept with someone when he put the dots together. So it was tit for tat except there was no tit" she groaned heavily.

"So what you guys just avoid each other" I asked "nope. He's staying with Anthony and I just stay at the house with his mother" "does she know" Rory asked "no. He's really good about not venting about how absolutely fucked up I am to his family but I'm sure she knows somethings up. I feel like I'll just tell her myself. Maybe it'll roll over better instead of her finding out on her own" "that's a good idea. Have you talked to him" I asked "not yet. I called to come ask you what I should do. This is my fault isn't it" "yea a little bit" "uggh why do I make things so complicated with him" "hey at lest you get good makeup sex" Rory told her and she agreed as I nodded.

"How's everyone been. I feel so out of the loop being all cooped up here" "they're good. Mostly working for the guys. School for Tess obviously" "I'm surprised she didn't drop out. I couldn't have done both" Natasha said and Rory hit her arm.

"What" I asked "uh well Tess is pregnant" "oh. Since when" "I think since before your miscarriage" "was I not supposed to know" "well we found out while you were in the hospital, which was a whole thing, so I guess we just never found a time to break it to you" "I've been having a hard month but this isn't a bad thing and I'm not going to expect everyone to be miserable because I am. I'll find a good time to text her and congratulate them" I said.
"You're really okay" Natasha asked "I'm okay. I'm happy for them" "okay".

"So what are you gonna do about Alexei" I asked "I really don't know. I thought he was just being a good liar, which he is. Am I wrong to think he can have some of the blame for not remembering what he saves girl's names under" "yes" Rory and I said together and we laughed as she groaned.

"I just can't wait until we go back to Russia. I at least know all the bitches in Russia" "or, and here's a thought because I love you, try talking things out with him before you do your eye for eye thing" I said "you're right and I know it's a problem but it was impulsive, it wasn't really because I wanted to hurt him" "I know. Just talk with him, it will be fine" "yea. So what are you making for dinner" "lasagna and some garlic rolls. He just likes Italian and that's the easiest one to make" "that's cute that you learned how to make Italian food" Rory smiled at me "I'm not great but he says he likes it" "well at least you're trying" Natasha said and I nodded.