CH 4: wrap me in your arms

CW: hurt/comfort vibes, comfort smut

Please, if anyone is not comfortable with anything ocurring in this story, feel free to read something else more to your liking, I'm exploring how emotional confusion can affect people and their decisions.

Enjoy.

All the breath left her lungs, as Emelia tightened her hands around Wanda's arms that were circling her waist, encouraging her to move along to the beat.

James's jaw was clenched, his eyes trailing over her body slowly, ending on her flushed face and wide eyes before looking away.

"See? No one in their right mind would not want you, Em. He's just being an asshole. Typical guy shit." Wanda told her over the loud music, swaying in sync with the flustered girl.

Taking a deep breath, Emelia nodded, lowering her gaze away from him and tried to focus on having fun with her friend as she got into the mood again by the start of the next song.

Two more songs played before she dragged Wanda back to their table, they sat back down and Wanda slid closer enough to Yelena that they were almost in each other's laps, a beautiful flush graced the petite blonde as they started chatting.

Emelia, on the other hand, sat as far away as she could in the small booth from the dark haired man who had melted her insides by just watching her dance.

He wouldn't even look at her, instead focusing on his glass of iced water, drained and the few ice pieces left melting pathetically under the heat of the bar's light.

Her eyes flitted between their companions; Sam and Steve were talking, sometimes James would offer a word here and there. Wanda and Yelena were also talking quietly, whispering with how close they were. Yelena had a hand interlaced with Wanda's while Wanda had a lock of hair twirling between her fingers.

Emelia could feel herself disconnecting, trying not to acknowledge that she feels bad about how tense she's feeling right now in this setting.

Just focus on the drink in your hand, take slow sips, just a few more minutes of this and you can go home.

She thought to herself as she took a sip, this was her second glass of whatever cocktail Wanda chose, it tasted fruity and sweet but had a sting at the end of every sip she swallowed.

Emelia always tries to be conscious of how much she drinks, if she decides to do so, which isn't much these days because she needs to always be 100%.

Anything less and you get a stab in the stomach, came the bitter thought. Emelia chuckled at herself, causing James's eyes to land on her and she swallowed around the lump lodged in her throat.

Thankfully, Sam, Steve, and Yelena started to get up, followed by Wanda as she drained the last of her drink.

"Well," Steve started as everyone got up, dropping bills on the table. "This has been fun." Smiling warmly at the girls as they started towards the door, met by a collective hum of agreement.