part 6

can you guys suggest some names for each chapter, like pop them in the comments after you read the chapters, and ill pick one to become the new chapter tittle? thx.

I woke up to darkness. I didn't realise I had fallen asleep. Last I remember, I had watched as my best friends left and the feeling of utter hopelessness. Then, there was nothing. I stretched my hands in front of me and began to walk, feeling around for any wall. As I walked, I was faintly aware of the fact that I was a ghost, and I wouldn't hit anything, cause I would phase right through, but I didn't care. The 'room' gave me the same chills I got in the 'dark room' where Alex had cried for 25 years..., the thought made me panic. How long had I been passed out in here? What if I got out and Julie was old, and the guys had crossed over without me! I shook off the thought.

"Hello!" I called, praying someone was in here with me. The only response I got back was my echo.

"Help!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Still no response.

"There is no one in here to help you." Caleb replied, appearing behind me. I whipped around.

"Where am I? Let me out!"

"Tsk tsk," Caleb scolded. "You know I can't do that." I don't know what I was thinking, but I lunged at Caleb, as if I even had a chance of talking him down. Just before I hit him, I was thrown backwards a few metres, hitting the ground with a thud. I landed hard on my shoulder, making me lay there in shock. I was a ghost; how could I feel pain? The jolts were one thing, they were like, well, magic, of course they could hurt us, but hitting something, shouldn't've hurt. By the time I got over my shock, and got up, Caleb was gone. I sighed, I was alone again, the silence consuming me. I wished with all my high that Luke was here, or Alex. Hell, I'd even settle for bobby... well, maybe not old 'substitute teacher bobby who stole our songs, old bobby from 25 years ago, who was an asshole, but was still a good friend... my thoughts trailed off, a tune playing in my mind.

"Home, what is it really?

Sometimes it's a someone and not a place,

It's that feeling of being safe,

It's about who you're with at the end of the day..." I realised it wasn't in my head, someone was playing my song! And I could recognise the voice anywhere.

"And for me,

Home is where my horse is!

Riding through trees by the river

Feel that summer breeze, a smile gettin' bigger

Home is where my horse is

Don't need a house or a roof

I just lace up my saddle, lace up my boots

Cuz home is where my horse is..."