part 8

I poofed into the studio after a long day of searching for Reggie. Collapsing onto my couch, I stared at his bass guitar. I missed him so much.

"Where are you? I can't find you without your help." I muttered. Next to the bass, was my journal, and I noticed a piece of paper sticking out. I had a faint idea of what it was, and it filled me with despair. Tears streaked down my face as I walked over and pulled out the sheet. I laughed through my tears as I read the title. 'Home is where my horse is, by Reggie Peters.' I read through the lyrics of the song I had refused to play. It was actually a sweet song, I don't know why I had refused to play it, but I deeply regretted that choice. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and took a deep breath.

"This is for you, reg." I muttered as I played the first chord.

'Home, what is it really?

Sometimes it's a someone and not a place,

It's that feeling of being safe,

It's about who you're with at the end of the day... (and for me)

Home is where my horse is!

Riding through trees by the river

Feel that summer breeze, a smile getting' bigger

Home is where my horse is

Don't need a house or a roof

I just lace up my saddle, lace up my boots

Cuz home is where my horse is

I don't need the streets

I Don't need those city lights

I don't need a fancy car

I just hop on my horse and ride

Home is where my horse is!

Riding through trees by the river

Feel that summer breeze, a smile gettin' bigger

Cuz home is where my horse is

I see that beautiful beast riding up to me

And I know

I'm home' I finished the song, closing my eyes.

"Luke!" A voice called. I opened my eyes to see Reggie, at the doorway of the studio, running towards me. I stood in shock, as he knocked me over in a fierce hug.

"Oh my god, Reggie!" I gasped, hugging him back. "Where have you been?"

"Caleb had me, but I wasn't in the club, it was like the dark room we were in when we died.

"How did Caleb get- "I stopped as Reggie stumbled backwards, flickering.

"I'm being taken back. I don't know how I got here, but I don't think I'll be able to come back. You have to find me! "He panicked. I nearly cried out. He looked so scared; it made me want to kill the person who put him through this. Unfortunately, that person that person was already dead.

"How can I find you? How did you get taken?"

"It was Julie, she made a deal."

"Julie?" Reggie flickered even more violently.

"Yes. I can't stay any longer I hugged him again, tighter that before. Reggie disappeared, and I was suddenly hugging myself.

"I love you," I whispered.