13: token cop

"So you're asking me to help with your personal investigation?"

OJ spoke with uncertainty, he didn't really show it but he had little faith for Nickel and Knife and didn't take their deal as a serious matter.

Nickel was about to speak before Knife shushed him. "Yes, it sounds silly but this is serious OJ. We have lives on the line. Like Nickel said, the police are doing a bad job at investigating." Knife spoke out. "We need you since you know a lot about the hotel and our suspect might be one of the residents. We don't have much time before our friends become next on the chopping block." Knife irritably tapped his pointer finger on OJ's desk.

OJ sighed deeply. "You two aren't even real police officers, how are you two gonna figure this out when it's just some... sort of game to you!" OJ complained and face palmed his forehead gently. "I get that this is concerning but I want this to be handled seriously by professionals!" OJ turned in his chair.

Knife paused. "Alright, you got me at that, but will you take me seriously if I have someone that does work for the police that can help us in our investigation?" Knife lifted his hands slightly in the air. OJ looked off to the side and thought for a moment.

"Alright fine, who do you got?" OJ questioned Knife.

Knife sighed "It's... Trophy, Trophy works for the police." Knife answered OJ. OJ spit out his drink off to the side, not expecting that answer from Knife.

"He works for the police!?" OJ said in shock, getting a reaction from both Knife and Nickel that was not surprising.

"Yeah, he works for them in investigations, especially with photo evidence!" Nickel said. He rolled his eyes. Knife just sighed and crossed his arms.

OJ looked at the stained coffee carpet and sighed. "Fine, I'll tag along, we better get this dealt with." OJ said sternly.

"Who's gonna take care of the hotel while you're gone?" Nickel asked.

"Paper, he's capable of handling it himself from past experience," OJ responded. He got up from his seat and pushed the chair in. "While you guys get Trophy, I'm going to go let Paper know that he's in charge." The businessman walked out of the room, leaving the punk and sarcasm machine alone.

"Well then, at least we got him in." Knife raised his hands into the air and dropped them onto his thighs. "We just gotta get Mr. Bitch Boy in." Knife said in reference to Trophy; he turned to Nickel.

"Isn't he a tough nut to crack?" Nickel asked Knife, and Knife chuckled in response.

"Trust me, I know how to persuade him in." Knife replied in a relaxed tone. Nickel rolled his eyes in response. Both boys left the room to walk to Trophy's room. Knife noticed Trophy's door was slightly opened. He slowly opened the door.

"Hey Trophy we need--" Knife cut himself off, bursting out laughing.

Trophy turned around. He was wearing a yellow skirt which was what Knife saw. "Hey, what the fuck!" Trophy yelled out in embarrassment. Nickel pushed Knife to the side to see what Knife was laughing at, and shortly after he got into a laughing fit as well. "Can you bitches knock first?! Stop laughing!" Trophy tried to stop them but they kept laughing.

Knife tried to stop laughing while he was speaking. Eventually, he stopped to a point where he could talk. "Trophy- we need your help." He said, trying to hold back laughter.

"Whatever Dora Doll!" Trophy yelled at him, turning away.

"Please Trophy it's important, we'll stop laughing, I promise; I'm sorry." Knife responded, Nickel kept in his laughs and nodded with Knife.

Trophy scoffed. "What is it?" turning back towards the other boys.

"Can you please help us with the missing person's case since you work with the law?" Knife asked.

Trophy raised an eyebrow and tilted back a little. "I'm not sure if I can legally do that, I probably would but since you fuckers laughed at me I won't!" Trophy snapped.

Knife hummed. "Here's a deal, if you help us find our friends and collect evidence, I'll take you and everyone working with us to your favorite diner, plus I won't tell anyone about the skirt incident." Knife proposed. Knife gave Trophy a pretty good deal that he knew Trophy would be unable to resist.

Trophy leaned his head on his hand. "Fine, deal." Trophy mumbled, "So why do you dorks want me to help you?" Trophy questioned them.

"Well long story short we think it's a murder case." Nickel answered him. Knife shook his head in agreement.

"Oh for real?" Trophy's interest was piqued."Finally, something interesting I can do with my damn job!" Trophy sighed and got up. Knife elbowed Nickel in the side in a friendly manner.

"Hey guys did you get Trophy–" OJ stopped in his tracks to see Trophy's skirt, he started laughing which caused Knife and Nickel to start laughing again.

"God dammit will you dorks stop laughing! It's not girly I swear, it increases airflow!" Trophy exclaimed.

"Alright that's enough you guys, your secret is safe with us." Knife elbowed OJ to stop laughing.

"Alright let me get ready first before we go." Trophy sat up and walked to his dresser.

"Go where?" OJ asked. He scratched his head.

Knife turned to OJ. "Oh, we're discussing the case over breakfast." Knife explained.

OJ made an "Oh." sound. "Sounds good to me!" OJ happily said. "I'd like that, I'll pay!" He added on.

Knife gave OJ a thumbs up. "Thanks man." He responded in his gruff voice.

"Alright, I'm ready." Trophy walked out of the room in more 'masculine' clothes, and the rest of the group walked out of the hotel and jumped into Knife's car. Knife drove on his way with his group to the diner.