18: loving mercy

Paintbrush swiftly grabbed the gun out of their passenger seat and jumped out of their car.

It was now raining, and the artist needed to think fast. Paintbrush shoved the gun in their pocket and ran into the hotel. Paintbrush needed something before they go.

They needed him.

Paintbrush ran past people, (who gave them weird looks) and leaped into the elevator, aggressively pushing the button to go up into the rooms. Paintbrush ran out of the elevator and headed straight for a room. Paintbrush swung the door open catching Yin and Yang off guard. Yang looked up at Paintbrush and tilted his head.

Paintbrush walked towards Yang and grabbed his shoulders, "Yang, please come with me." the artist frantically begged. "I don't have much time to explain." Paintbrush spoke urgently, their grasp shook.

"Please..." Paintbrush croaked out.

Yin looked at the situation in confusion, he didn't know what was happening but he was worried.

"What's going on?" Yang asked, Yang was confused.

Paintbrush's tone shifted a bit, "I told you I don't have time to explain now, I'll tell you later!" Paintbrush was on the verge of tears. The artist grabbed Yang's wrist and pulled him from the bed, catching Yang off guard. The artist was about to leave with their boyfriend until Knife violently busted through the door, pointing a taser at Paintbrush.

Knife looked the situation up and down, assuming the worst. "Let him go!" Knife yelled. Yin jumped and moved to the corner of the room more behind Knife. Paintbrush swiftly put Yang into a neck lock in front of them, pulling out the pistol in their pocket and cocking it, pointing it at Yang's head.

"If you don't get away from me..." Paintbrush softly spoke at first, "I'm going to fucking shoot him and myself!" they screamed with a warning.

Paintbrush didn't want to hurt Yang, it ached their heart to be in this situation and risk their own and Yang's life over this

Paintbrush didn't want to hurt Yang, it ached their heart to be in this situation and risk their own and Yang's life over this. Paintbrush loved Yang so much, the two had a very deep connection that just clicked, unlike Lightbulb. They had no choice but to use him as a shield, tears running from their rage-filled eyes. "I don't want to hurt him." Paintbrush quietly croaked.

Yang was in shock, he was too scared to move. Yang shook like a frightened rabbit, he couldn't muster up any words. It was the first time anyone actually saw him scared. Yin was utterly terrified for his counterpart in this situation, he wanted to defuse the problem. "What's happening Knife?" Yin quietly asked, trying not to blow Paintbrush's fuse.

"Paintbrush went on a killing spree, long story short." Knife uttered. Yin hoped it was some fucked up joke, but it was all real. Yin's kind heart ached, he wanted nobody to be in this situation.

"Paintbrush," Yin softly spoke, Paintbrush turned to Yin and gave him an aggressive look. "Look it's gonna be okay, just put down the gun, and maybe we can talk this out, okay?" Yin tried to console Paintbrush. Paintbrush almost bought it until they changed their mind quickly afterward, they wanted out of this alive with Yang.

"You're going to take the only thing I love away from me." Paintbrush hissed, and they teared up. Paintbrush put more pressure on the gun onto Yang's head.

Yin's breath shook, "Paintbrush you're sick, you need help!" Yin cried. Paintbrush started sobbing.

"Why the fuck do you care about me! I murdered people over a dumb crab I accidentally killed!" The artist cried, and hiccups escaped their throat.

Silence.

"I didn't mean to kill Fan..." Paintbrush croaked, and their grip on the pistol weakened. "I don't want to lose another loved one..." They added. Paintbrush hung their head low as tears blinded them.

Knife looked in shock, he didn't know what to say or think.

Paintbrush sobbed, \pulling the gun away from Yang's head and put it up against theirs.

"I hope killing myself is enough." Paintbrush muttered, their voice monotone.

"No!" Yin screamed.

Before Paintbrush could pull the trigger, Knife tased Paintbrush which caused them to drop Yang and the pistol onto the floor, sparing them both.

Paintbrush convulsed on the floor. After they were done being shocked, Knife jumped onto Paintbrush. He pinned them down with his body. "Call the police!" Knife commanded Yin, and Yin nodded and ran over to pick up his phone to call the cops.

Paintbrush cried softly underneath Knife. They felt as if their being was being stripped away from them. They couldn't see him, but they cried out for Yang, only to get silence in response. Paintbrush felt dread all over their body. They felt as if they were being pulled away from the only thing that they cared about in this world like a skin tag.

Paintbrush wanted reassurance from Yang, they wanted to apologize to him for being so selfish and accidentally throwing him into this situation. Paintbrush cries were met with nothing.

It was painful to hear for Knife and Yang, hearing Paintbrush cry out to Yang was like scratching nails on a chalkboard for both of them. Yang didn't know what to say, the whole incident was terrifying for him. Yang felt bad for Paintbrush, he wished he helped more so this wouldn't have happened. Yang loves Paintbrush, but now he doesn't know how to feel about the face he once knew.

It was tragic, it was scary, it was traumatizing.

Knife didn't know how to react, he felt bad for Paintbrush but he was also angry at them.

Yin hung up on the operator, "The police are coming, I gave them the details." Yin delivered, Knife let out a sigh of relief.

"Good." Knife mumbled.

Yang whined softly. Yin looked at him sorrowfully. Yin sat next to Yang on the bed and rubbed his back, "It's okay Yang." Yin softly comforted Yang. Yang started to tear up quietly, his lips scrunched up trying not to cry. Yin asked for a hug which Yang accepted.

Paintbrush stopped making noise, they stopped squirming and gave up.

"I'm so sorry Yang..." Paintbrush softly croaked out in the silence.

Shortly afterward the police busted in and arrested Paintbrush, they screamed and squirmed but their efforts to escape were futile.

It was finally over...