4

"Let's get a move on." I start to walk. After sometime I notice a conversation between the two bickering children.

"Then you get paid. You get your fresh start." Flag sounded serious. Yet he doesn't have enough power to do that. Deadshot seems to believe him though. Another reason to hate the government.

I start to hum to myself. "9 became 9,14,18,1,14,5 with 12,15,14,7 intervals 15,6 horrible 18,1,14,9,19,24 EAP."

"What is wrong with her?" Dead shot was still talking to Flag.

"A lot is wrong with her. Trust me. She is scarier than anyone I know."

"She doesn't look all too scary. Yet then again she doesn't have a scratch on her from the fight."

"That's because she wasn't fighting. She was so intimidating that no one attacked her."

"Wow."

"Boy's talking behind people's backs is rude."

"So is eavesdropping." Dead shot proclaimed.

"How was I not supposed to listen? You were basically screaming." With that I went back to humming, "9 became 9,14,18,1,14,5 with 12,15,14,7 intervals 15,6 horrible 18,1,14,9,19,24 EAP."

Someone walks up next to me. I see it is Lizard man. "What are you mumbling about?"

"Oh it's just a saying that came to me." I look at him. He is giving me a confused look. "I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allen Poe."

"What was with the numbers?"

"Was I saying numbers... huh... I guess I just do that sometimes. I did have to go a month messing with Batboy by only speaking with numbers. I guess it stuck. How do you feel about our city's hero? The rich one with the bird for a sidekick."

"Hate him."

"He's terrible isn't he. Thinking he is above the law. Did you know right now he is not only threatening but bribing a seventeen year old boy. I mean seriously who does that."

"Hey, we didn't force you to come." I hear Flag yell.

"Why would you think I was talking about you? Sure I'm seventeen and all but you didn't put a bomb in my neck. Ow. wait. I forgot. You tried to threaten me to get that bomb in my neck. Sucks that no threat will ever be enough."

After a while we all stop to look at a building. Everyone starts to talk but I see Harleen blankly staring at a motorcycle. "I remember that." I smirk to myself as I walk up to her. Snapping her out of her thoughts. "You think about the time he left you and you had to chase after him..." No reply, "You did the trick on the motorcycle that you learned from me. Although you probably would have never admitted it. Does your wild card even know you have a sister?"

"How do you know about that?"

"I was there. At that time I had superman locked away in the back of a semi truck. Witch just os happened to be behind mr. J's car. I had to stay low key though so I didn't move." She was still staring at the bike. "The best part was not only did you use the trick I taught you. He used my words." Her gaze shot to me. "I'm an idea, state of mind. I execute my will, according to my plan."

"Wha.. what?"

"What you think a first year graduate would get to work with the mental joker without some help. To be fair, I didn't think he could convince you let alone make you fall in love with him. Yet we both lost a bet. I lost because you broke him out. He lost because he couldn't get rid of you."

"You know..."

"Of course I know him. Who do you think made him who he is? Yet weirdly enough you fell for him and still couldn't bring yourself to accept me. What does that say?"