3.Making a friend.

The beach was even more beautiful at night. Many groups had set up their own bonfire, lanterns over the edges, the shacks at the corners fully lit up... People drinking and dancing to the music with their friends. Altogether I was very excited for my first Hawaiian Bonfire experience.

It wasn't that difficult to spot Bella and Ivy , I could also see the same people from lunch and some new faces too.

As soon as Ivy saw us, she came over to us, "You guys made it. Bella, come over here" she called out to Bella .

Bella sprinted to us grinning and tackled us in hug. She looks very drunk but its only 7..she then begin to introduce us to to the rest of the gang.

"So this is Ezra and Elliott.. and over there on the bench is sara and mikyla .. " she went on giving names to each faces, which I would surely forget, everyone smiled or waved at us and we introduced ourselves as well. Ezra and Elliott came over as soon as they heard their name ; I wonder which one is which? How do people tell them apart?

One of them as if reading my mind said "I'm Ezra and this one's Elliott, I'm taller than him so don't get confused" he smiled at me, "come on, Let's get you guys some drinks" Elliott said as he walked over to bar. Saya mumbled a 'hell yeah and followed him.

As I looked around, I saw the same blue eyed guy in the corner smoking and staring at me, like literally looking into soul sorta staring, when I raised my eyebrow he got up and started walking towards me.

Uh oh. Where the hell is Saya when I need her? I don't wanna deal with this asshole alone. I look over at the bar and see her talking drinking and talking to some people; I always been jealous of her that way, it was so easy for her to make new friends while me on the other hand was the kind who would walk the other way when I see a crowd.

"What's going on in here? " Someone asks flicking on my forehead lightly, I snap back to reality and see that the blue eyed boy in front of me. Ugh can't escape now.

"I was thinking about the modern ways to flirt." I say back. "Someone told me my methods we're very old fashioned" I add smirking. Ha! Look who's smirking now.
"hey I'm a simple man, it doesn't take much to impress me "he says "now if you want me that bad, how about you join me for a drink" he tells me pointing to an less empty shack. Ha! As if! ( iykyk). I ain't going anywhere with man having ego the size of mt. Everest.

"No I wouldn't want to trouble you..What if I bore you with my old-fashioned thinking?" I add sarcastically "plus my friend is waiting for me" I say and walk over to crowd at the bar without waiting for reply. I'm not going to let him ruin tonight for me.

Night goes on with drinking and dancing

Music is way louder now, people are making out in the corners, some drunk idiots are rolling in the sand , some are in the water. It's total chaos but everyone seems to be having a lot of fun.
"The guys are going to a nearby Island tomorrow, do you wanna go?" Saya comes over and tells in my ear. "Not like we have anything planned" I reply. She nods her head , walking over to who I think is Elliott and gives him a thumbs up.

Its around 11, the beach way more crowded than when we came; people still pouring in. I decide to take walk along beach as the loud music starts giving a headache. Saya seems to be in full party mode, I quickly send text so that she won't worry if she doesn't see me.

As I get farer from the crowd, I feel someone walking behind me.. I already kinda knows who that is since I saw him him following me from the bonfire.

"I hope you're not thinking about kidnapping me, I have pepper spray with me. " I say to start the conversation since we been walking silently for over 20 minutes. "If I wanted to kidnap you, I would've already done it" he retorts.

"Huh.. So is this a thing for you? Follow girl's who are walking alone and creep up behind them? " I say.

He sighs and walks over to me. I stop walking and turn to him.

"I think we started on the wrong foot here, Hi, I'm Luka and you? " He says putting up him his hand for handshake. "Well I wasn't the one who made fake accusations.. Anyways I'm Hazel.. Hazel Jones" I say shaking his hand.

Then he smiles at me. No not smirk, full on smile, Oh boy! "Well Hazel Hazel Jones, I'm sorry for what happened at lunch, friends? "

He asks giving me that million dollar smile again.. Uh oh "huh sure". I say trying to act indifferent and starts walking.

He catches up to me and we start talking about our schools and families. He tells me about the hotspots to visit, what his does with his friends, his job at the mechanic shop and about foods to try..We go on for hours talked about ourselves

I didn't even realise that we we're back at bonfire.

" Well Hazel Hazel Jones, I'll see you tomorrow , you're coming right? " he asks me. "Yeah sure, bye ". He winks at me and goes back to his friends.

Okay , maybe he's not that much of a jerk I made him out to be but his ego is still huge. Right now I'll settle for okay-ish.

I look for saya and finds her in a corner making out with whom I think is Ivy.

'Hmm I think it's just me in the house tonight' I mumble to myself walking to Villa.

What an eventful night!

•VOTE
•COMMENT
•FOLLOW