4. Mini-cruise

I wake up to my alarm, it's currently five in the morning. We are meeting at the beach around 5:30 .

I got to the bathroom, does my business and walk across to knock on Saya's room; I heard her coming later last night, I was already half asleep so I figured I'll ask about the details today.

"Ready to go?" she asks me as opens her door and walks out.

We lock the house and walk to the beach. It's still dark out, slightly cold wind passing by, I hug myself closer.

We reach the boat and see everyone else waiting for us. They were few other people too on the beach doing their own things. The boat was moderately big; enough take atleast 10 people, it was the twins.. I think.

"About time you guys came

"About time you guys came. Come on everyone hop on, we're leaving. We don't wanna miss the sunset." Ezra literally screamed over from the boat.

After everyone got on and we set sail. We were total of 8 people: the twins, luka , another guy that I haven't met yet, I think his name is sawyer, then us four girls.

Saya and Ivy curled up in corner in a blanket the moment they got on, and the twins started fighting on whose going to sail the boat.

I went to the front and sat on the deck. Luka has been looking at me from the beach onwards but whenever we make an eye contact he looks away. Hmm this is going to be a long ride.

"The island is near by only, it has a great view for sunrise" Bella says sitting beside me. "Do you come here often?" I ask. "We used to but everyone got busy since the senior year, so we're coming here after a long break." "How long have you guys been friends for? " I ask curiously.

"Luka and I we're born and bought up here; we're actually neighbors, Ivy moved here from the States when I think around fourth grade. Sawyer just came last year; his parents had to go abroad for work so he is living here with his grandparents, he is a little on the shy side but a great guy"she tells me.

" What about you and Saya? " She asks.
"Well we have been together since kindergarten; she punched the guy who bullied me and we have been best friends since" I say.

Bella laughs and look over at her "They sure are getting cozy.. Ugh the twins haven't stopped!" She gets up annoyed and walk over to the boys.

I lean on the panel, the strong breeze ruffling up my hair, it's getting chillier.
I rub my hands in an attempt to warm up.

Suddenly, a jacket falls upon my shoulder; I look over to see luka looking down at me. I smile at him and he smiles back at me warmly. "It's very cold in the morning, you should've wore something warmer" he scolds and sits by my side. I mumble a soft 'hmm' and turn my attention to the sea.

I slowly lean my head on his shoulder; he stiffens at the sudden contact then relaxes into the touch. I closed my eyes and paced with the rhythm of the boat bobbing on the waves.

----

The Island was really small but beautiful, few coconut trees lay scattered around, white sand and mesmerizing clear blue water all around us.

The sunrise sure didn't disappoint either, the sky turned hues of pink and red. We could still see the shore from here; a tiny sea line.

We played ball in the water for some time till we got tired since everyone woke up early.

So we decided to head back. This time I got a chance to talk to Sawyer ; he asked me where I was from and all. He also told me about the small bakery his granny ran.

-----
By the time we reached back everyone was really worn out . We decided to have lunch and then separate.

We went to same shack from the first day; everyone settled over big wooden table, Luka on one side and Elliott on other.

"You should try the salmon wrap, it's one of the specialties here" Luka nudged me. "Okay.. I'll take your word for it" I replied.

The food was served and everyone digged in ; making small talks here and there, the twins arguing, Saya and Ivy flirting

The food was served and everyone digged in ; making small talks here and there, the twins arguing, Saya and Ivy flirting. I looked over at Luka and saw him already looking at me.

"What?" I ask, biting into my wrap which was delicious by the way.

"Ah-hh nothing" he stammers, "you're eyes... their really-" he doesn't complete. "What about my eyes? " I ask now really curious of what he was going to say. "Nothing. Finish your food. I'm leaving, I'll see you tonight?" he asks getting up. "Ahh sure" I reply not sure what happened.

He says goodbye to everyone and leaves. "Well I gotta go too ; I promised granny to take a evening shift at the bakery " Sawyer says next.

Slowly everyone finishes their food and leaves one by one; we already planned to meet at the beach at night.

Finally when Saya is done and she kisses Ivy goodbye and we back over to the house.

"So.... " I start. "So........ " saya asks. I look over at Saya annoyed "come on, details."
I nudge her.

"Well, it's not anything serious as of now, we're just taking it slow. We're having fun but I really like her and I think she likes me too." Saya finishes with a dramatic sigh. "What's going between you and Luka? You both we're really cozied up on the boat" she asks, unlocking the door and letting us enter.

"Nothing.. We're just.. Friends." I say back not actually knowing the answer myself.

"Sure, friends." Saya smirks going to her room and closing the door.

We are just friends.. Right? I mumble going to my room.

The moment I see my bed every other thought goes out the window.
Ahhh how much I love sleep.. I don't think I have loved anyone or anything more than my sleep.

A/n: Chapter 5!!!!!! Please do vote!!!
Should I do different povs??

•VOTE
•COMMENT
•FOLLOW