One

Who would have thought that the first day of school would be the day after moving into your new home. Kayla didn't. Sh was hoping she didn't have to go till next week, but fate wasn't on her side anymore. "Let's go!" Marla says. "I'm ready to find my forever."

Kayla shook her head as she already had a plan. To only talk to Marla and no one else. She grabbed her jacket and followed her best friend. "Bye, dad! Love you!"

"Have fun!"

"Highly doubt it." Kayla mumbled as she got to her car.

Marla knew she was going to do everything to get Kayla talk to a guy that is interested in her. She watched as they drove off and started planning.
~~~
Alice was excited as her mate was here along with her best friend's mate. "They're here."

"Who?"

Alice pointed causing them to see two girls getting out of the car. Jasper stared at the girl with light purple hair with her hood on. She felt eyes on her and looked up at the handsome blonde. "I can see it now. A wedding in December."

Kayla looked at her best friend with a glare. "Don't."

"Oh come on. That man is the only thing that has captured your eyes. Just like the girl beside him. I can tell they're best friends."

Kayla sighed. "I just...I don't know what I want." She says. "After how mom treated dad, I'm afraid that I'll be in his shoes one day." Kayla looked at the blonde that was still staring at her. "Thanks a lot, Marla, now he won't stop staring."

Marla watched her friend go inside and shook her head with a smile. "Stubborn, but will cave in soon." She says walking in.

Alice looked at them. "I'm going to meet Marla." She tells them.

Jasper wondered about the other girl. Something about her drew him in, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He had to know her. "Jasper..."

"I will not listen. I have to know her."
~~~
When third period came, Kayla walked into her history class to see the blonde from this morning. Kayla closed her eyes and knew this period was going to be long. Very, very long. She handed her slip and looked at the blonde to see he was the only with an empty seat beside him.

Jasper watched as she walked back to him and sat down. "Hello."

"Hi."

"I'm Jasper."

"Kayla." She says. "Why are you talking to me?"

"Wanted to know who the new girl is since my best friend can't seem to stop talking about Marla."

Kayla smiled. "I'm glad she's happy."

"Are you not happy about starting here?"

Kayla looked at him. He noticed that she didn't want to talk about why she moved just yet making him nod. She looked at the front as she knew all the boys from this morning seemed to take a hint. She doesn't want to talk to them or deal with them.

Jasper could tell just but the way she acts, she rather be left alone. Yet, he really wanted to be the one to know her. "How long have you and Marla known each other?"

Kayla looked at him. "Why are you the only one here who can't seem to take a hint?" She asked with a small smile. "Since birth."

"Wow."

The bell rang causing them to share a look. "I didn't know class started."

"I didn't either."

They stood up and followed the others out. Kayla noticed they didn't have a teacher making her wondered when he left. Jasper looked at Kayla as she looked at her schedule. "How about I show you to your next class?" He offered. "That way I can talk to you."

"You are not going to leave me alone, are you?"

"Nope." Jasper says with a smirk. "You are very interesting, Kayla and I'm going to find out why."

Kayla bit her lip not seeing Marla and Alice watching them. "Okay, Jasper, let's make a deal. If I actually talk to you, will you please tell Marla that I am giving you a shot to know you."

"Deal." He says. "Let's get you to your next class."

"Finally!" Marla says causing Alice to laugh. "Things are about to be a bit more interesting."

'Why's that?"

"Kayla is one stubborn girl." Marla says as she walked into the class. "Jasper has his hands full with her."