Three

Marla made sure that they were going to this costume/Halloween with Alice and Jasper. Even though Jasper doesn't know about it himself.

Walking into Kayla's room, Marla laid the costume she picked out for her best friend and left. She pulled her phone out and sent a text stating she laid the costume on the bed. Kayla walked in to see a costume on her bed that said happy birthday with a note. Shaking her head, Kayla grabbed her black jacket as she was going to go walking in the woods.

Marla looked in the room to see the costume was untouched and knew what Kayla was going to do. Walking to get away from thinking.
~~~
Jasper saw his mate and wondered why she was walking around in the woods. "Kayla?"

She turned to see Jasper. "What are you doing out here?"

"I should be asking you the same thing." He says as he noticed something was bothering her. "Kayla, is something bothering you?"

Kayla sighed as she went to the fallen tree and sat down causing Jasper to follow her. The blonde with purple tent in her hair looked at him. "Just the reason why we came here." She says. "I'm not ready to talk about it just yet, but I feel like things will never be the same."

Jasper moved some of her hair causing her to look at him. "Kayla, you can always talk to me." He tells her. "I want to know you better."

She smiled as she looked at him. "Okay. Can I start with a question first?"

"Sure." 

"Where are you from?"

"Texas."

From that moment, Kayla and Jasper started a bond that will make them stronger.
~~~
Later that day, Kayla and Jasper arrived at school together making Marla smile. The two seemed to be having a deep discussion that Marla wondered what it was about. "Alice, is there a Halloween party this week."

"Yeah. It's Halloween, why?"

"Kayla and Jasper's first date will be on Halloween." She says. "Kayla is going to kill me."

Alice laughed as she walked away with her mate. Marla stopped seeing Jasper moving Kayla's hair behind her ear making her smile. Her best friend found someone just for her. "Marla, let's go on a date today."

Marla looked at Alice smiling. "Deal."

Kayla saw her friend walking with Alice. "I guess Marla doesn't play around."

"She's just like any high schooler. Once someone has their eyes on you, they strike." She tells him. 

Jasper looked at her. "But you're not."

Kayla looked at Jasper. "Because I have witnessed some things that most teens do, but I like being quiet and getting to know people. I don't just sink my claws in." She tells him. "Like you, you're not all the boys here."

"Well, darlin', I have my reasons, but you, you're intoxicating."

"Meaning?"

Jasper leaned in and whispered. "I have to have you, Kayla Washington." She was blushing as he moved back. "First, I'm taking my time to know you."

Kayla swallowed heard as this man had this affect. "Okay." She says. "This weekend is the Halloween dance. Let's get to know one another."

"Than the dance will be our first date. If this week goes good."

Kayla looked at Jasper and nodded. Someone understands her so much. He wasn't rushing, but he knew the affect he had on her. Just like the affect she has on him. The two heard the bell rang causing them to move away after seeing how close they were. Jasper put his arm around Kayla and walked her to class. 

Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward watched as they wondered how this was going to go, but at the same time. Rosalie didn't want the two girls involved.