Ten

A month had passed since Christmas and Kayla was feeling....different. She woke up one morning and ran to the bathroom. Marla heard her throwing up and went to see what's wrong. "Kayla?"

"I'm fine."

"That doesn't sound fine." Marla says. "You need to see a doctor."

"I will today since we are meeting the Cullens."

Marla nodded remembering that they supposed to meet them on New Year's, but Adam caught the flu causing the girls to stay home and take care of him. Jasper and Alice came over to help them at the time. "I just thought of something."

"Me too, but Jasper was told it was impossible."

"It is now."
~~~
When they arrive at the Cullens, the first thing Kayla did was throw up causing Jasper to appear. He held her hair as he didn't understand what was wrong. "Kayla?"

"Get me to your father." She says. "I feel...."

Jasper held her as she fainted. Adam watched as Jasper carried his daughter inside. Marla looked at him and smiled. "Grandpa."

"We don't know that."

Carlisle looked at the two. "You can come in." He says. "I'm trying to find out what is wrong with your daughter, Adam."

Adam nodded as they walked in. Marla caught Alice, even though it was in her vampire speed, but she still caught her and kissed her. Adam shook his head at them. Jasper walked out looking shocked. "What?"

"Kayla's pregnant."

Adam stood shock. "Really?" He nodded. "How did you find out so quickly?"

"I heard the baby's heartbeat." He says sliding down the wall. "I never knew that was possible."

Adam sat down beside him causing Jasper to look at him. "I never thought I was going to have Kayla. Her mother wasn't able to conceive, but a few years on down the road, we finally conceived, that's when everything changed." He looked into the room to see Kayla sleeping. "I know for a fact that she won't treat you wrong. She hates her mother for what she had done and was terribly afraid to be with you. Afraid that she will end up like me. Alone and with a child."

Jasper looked in the room that held his mate. "I could never do that to her because I went through the exact same thing, but she was using me. See, I don't know if Kayla told you, my gift is empath."

"You feel emotions and manipulate them." Jasper nodded. "She was using you for an army. Was she?"

"Yes." He looked at Kayla. "I was afraid at first, but the more I looked at her, I realized that Kayla was never like Maria." He sighed. "Adam, I really love Kayla and I want her to know that I will never leave her. Even if it came to us leaving, I'll make sure she goes with me or I stay with her."

Adam smiled as he looked at his daughter. "Thank you for loving her."

"Thank you for coming here. I finally found my true mate."