Chapter 18: Request Accepted

Red sat quietly in the base, watching with a guarded expression as Ratchet oversaw a mission. The Autobots had been busy retrieving relics since she returned. It's been two days.

Fowler didn't watch her anymore at night, as Red usually fell asleep in her chair. The kids kept their distance most times, but came over to speak when they were braver.

Red had been quiet. She'd simply sit there, watching the Autobots and fiddling with a knife she stole from one of the MECH agents. Fowler hadn't decided how to approach the subject and get it away from her.

So for now, she was keeping it.

The only person who didn't seem entirely on edge with her was Miko, of course, and Optimus. But Red paid little mind to the affairs of the others.

For once in her life, Red was bound to absolutely no one. She had no mission. No father to make proud. No ideals to uphold.

The past two days had gone by in a blur. Red's mind and soul felt like a void and there was nothing in her.

But that was going to change today.

"Autobots." Optimus turned toward the medic, who was working on the synthetic energon formula. "I've decoded another Iacon relic location."

"Great!" Smokescreen grinned. "Where are we headed off to today?"

"The Amazon rainforest in Brazil." Optimus replied calmly, entering in the coordinates.

"Cool!" Miko exclaimed. "Can we go?"

"Absolutely not." Bulkhead gave his charge a warning look. "The moment we unearth the relic, the cons would be on their way."

"That's if they aren't already there." Arcee added.

"Besides, your leg isn't finished healing." Ratchet told her. "Nurse Darby said you shouldn't even be walking on it with aid for another three weeks."

Miko crossed her arms, but Jack was quick to come to the bots' rescue.

"Another round of racing?" He offered, holding up their video game controller.

Miko grinned viciously. "You're on!"

Optimus activated the groundbridge. "Autobots, roll out."

Red watched quietly as the Autobots went through, but they had only been gone for a few minutes before returning empty-handed.

"Let me guess: the relic was con-snatched?" Miko asked.

"Not exactly." Bumblebee told her.

Miko looked to Raf expectantly, but the younger boy was busy waiting for a real explanation. Optimus gave them one.

"The site was already excavated, but not by cybertronians. It appears the humans dug up our relic years ago and abandoned the site." Optimus explained. "Without knowing what the relic was, we may have difficulty finding it amongst human historical pieces."

"Unless the huma- Unless they didn't take it out of it's container." Raf said, holding up his computer.

Ratchet reached out and picked the boy up, allowing him to connect to the larger monitor and display his findings. Optimus nodded at the sight of a relic container and looked at Raf appreciatively.

"Nice going, Raf." Bumblebee beeped proudly.

"Where is it?" Ratchet asked.

Raf turned his computer back toward himself and clicked around until a small frown grew on his face.

"Uh oh." Jack leaned over the side of the couch. "What's wrong?"

Raf hesitated for a moment. "It's in one of the most well secured historical museums of all time."