Chapter 25: Back in Business

Agent Fowler walked out of the elevator and he was immediately swarmed by Bumblebee, Jack, and Miko.

"Did you find him!?"

"No, I'm sorry." Fowler kept walking toward Optimus and Ratchet. "MECH keeps a low profile most of the time, so it's going to take a while. We might have to wait weeks. Maybe even months."

"Months!?" Miko exclaimed. "What if he's dead already?!"

Fowler shook his head. "I doubt it. MECH doesn't just kidnap people and then kill them without a really good reason. My guess is that they're trying to recruit him."

Bumblebee beeped loudly and covered his face, groaning and walking away in frustration and fear.

"Why?" Jack asked.

"He's young, smart, a hacker, and has a background in a classified military operation." Fowler explained.

"What else?" Ratchet asked. "This is all the information you have?"

"I'm sorry." Fowler sighed.

"What about Red?" Optimus asked. "She has a background with MECH. If anyone could find him, it would be her."

Fowler nodded. "My guys found a hotel room they believe she was staying in. Hopefully, she's still in the area. We're searching."

Optimus nodded.

"So that's it?" Jack asked. "We just wait here until–"

The monitor started beeping as a proximity alarm went off.

"So if Fowler is in here, then who is out there?" Bulkhead asked.

Ratchet narrowed his eyes. "Could be Decepticons. Do you think they've found us?"

Optimus frowned. "Autobots, be ready for anything, but not to leave the base. They may not be–"

He paused as the elevator started moving and everyone pointed their weapons at it. Arcee stepped forward and hid the children from view.

It stopped and the slow, creaky doors began to open, revealing two figures dressed in MECH uniforms without the masks.

"Raf!"

Bumblebee threw Bulkhead into the wall as he rushed forward and grabbed the young boy.

"Are you okay?! Did they hurt you!? What happened!? I'm so sorry I let them take you!" Bumblebee gushed.

"I'm fine." Raf smiled. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good now that you're here." Bee told him.

"Red." The Prime stepped forward and knelt down in front of her. "Why did you leave our base?"

"To think." She replied. "I believe it was necessary for me to clear my mind and make a decision."

"Regarding?"

"What I was going to do with my life now that MECH is gone. I'd made a decision to keep my head down and start a normal life..." Red trailed off and frowned.

Optimus had a feeling that there was a 'but' in there.

"Raf reminded me of something that would alter my plans, however." Red told him. "I can't have a normal life. There's too much unfinished business to be dealt with, and even if I took care of it, I don't know what a normal life is."

"We would be glad to help you discover the answer to that." Optimus told her.

"Speak for yourself." Ratchet grumbled, turning back to the monitor.

Optimus looked at Red and offered her the smallest of smiles.

"Welcome to Team Prime."

The End.

Suffer Until Book Two.

Muhahahaha!