Chapter 19: New Opportunities

"Requesting a groundbridge." Jack said, holding his phone to his ear.

"On it's way." Raf replied.

The call ended and a few moments later, Red and Jack were walking through the groundbridge, rolling a white and blue cylinder ahead of them.

"They did it." Arcee uncrossed her arms, worry lines fading. "And Jack is still in one piece."

"We almost got caught." Jack admitted. "The night guard came around when Red and I were pushing it off the stand."

Optimus looked over quickly. "Is the guard okay?"

Jack noddd. "Luckily, Red speaks fluent Spanish."

"What did she say?" Miko asked.

Jack looked at Red for an explanation and the girl simply shrugged.

Optimus picked up the container and set it on Ratchet's work table. The Autobots walked around to see it opened as Jack and Red climbed back up to the human area.

"I'm itching to see whats in here!" Smokescreen rubbed his hands together excitedly. "The relics are always so cool!"

Optimus frowned as Ratchet grabbed the lid. "Be careful. We don't want whatever is inside to do something like what happened to Bulkhead with the synthetic energon formula."

Ratchet nodded and popped off the lid. Everyone leaned forward to see faster as he pulled out a metal object about the size of a grown man.

"Interesting. I don't know what it is." Ratchet raised an eyebrow and held it out to Optimus.

The Prime shook his head and looked at Smokescreen, but neither him nor the other Autobots knew it's purpose.

Optimus sighed. "Well, until we learn more about our new find, we will need to remain careful and refrain from messing with it. I will keep it in the vault until furth-"

The object emitted a bright light and Optimus cried out, his body going limp and falling back.

"Optimus!" Ratchet and Arcee jumped over to catch their leader before he could hit the groundbridge controls.

"What happened?!" Arcee demanded, looking at their medic for an explanation.

"The relic," Ratchet looked around in panic, "where did it go?"

"I believe that I know the purpose of the relic."

Everyone looked back at the table where the voice was coming from. The voice, which sounded exactly like Optimus. There was a moment od hesitation before Bumblebee reached forward and grabbed the relic's container. His eyes widened as he looked inside.

"Beeeep?"

"What?" Bulkhead looked into and his jaw dropped.

"What is it!?" Miko demanded. "Come on, I'm dying here!"

Bumblebee emptied out the container and answered her, but Miko didn't understand or need to understand his words to see the human that slid out.

"Woahhh." Raf leaned forward. "It turned Optimus into a human! It even looks like him!"

"Not exactly." Optimus flexed his hand. "The device simply transformed itself into a human. It is still entirely metal, but my spark energy has been transferred."

"Rendering your other body dead." Ratchet pointed out.

Optimus nodded.

There was another flash of light and Optimus's real body blinked a few times before standing. The once human version of Optimus reverted back into a chunk of metal.

Raider Redजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें