3) Secrets!

Author's POV

"Are you taking care of yourself?"
Grace asked her father.
"I miss you.."

"I miss you too..."
Stuart said holding her hand gently. They were walking in the garden Of rehabilitation centre.
"Don't worry I am taking care of myself..."

Grace smiled.
"Is there any improvement... Is it difficult for you?"
She knows that leaving drugs is not easy but she is happy that he is trying for her.

"No! It's not easy"
He chuckled.
"It's getting hard day by day... Sometimes i can't control myself but i haven't take it since last three months... There is some improvement.."

"Dad... I love you... I know you are doing this for me."
Her eyes watered.

"You are my life, Grace..."
He patted her head.
"I should have protect you but i destroyed your life... It's all because of this addiction."
He sighed defeated.
"I failed as a father... The least i can do is leave this addiction."

"Don't blame yourself..."
She looked at him sadly.
"Forget whatever happened... I am happy now."

"Are you?"
He smiled bitterly.
"You can't fool me."

Grace shook her head.
"No dad! I am not lying... Dominick is good to me. He takes good care of me. He gives me whatever i want... And his family loves me so much specially his mother... Everything is good... You don't have to worry about my safety..."

He was still not convinced.
"If you say so."
He sighed.
"But sweetheart Mafia will always be heartless... He might force you to do some things. He will control your life... I have heard that wives are just a childbearers for them... They do all kind of nasty things like affairs, mistress n all... I am afraid that he might raise his hand on you."

Grace chuckled.
"Dad you are paranoid..."
She said.
"Dom doesn't hit me... And he don't even look at other woman. He had beautiful Fiance than me but he chose me over her... And I didn't tell you one thing..."

Stuart frowned.
"What?"
His face turned worried.

"I can't become mother"
Grace Informed him and his face turned shocked.

"What? Why?"
He asked.

"Some medical issues... They said it will risk my life if we try testtube baby or something else"
She sighed.
"So Dominick dropped the idea... He doesn't  want to risk my life... In fact he told me that we can surrogate once it's a right time... I was crying for it but he made me understand that this is not the right time. He wants to win my trust before having baby.... So no, i am not just a childbearer for him... He is really trying dad... I know that it's difficult for him to change suddenly and act completely different than his nature... But at least he is trying. He loves me..."

Stuart turned his head and looked at the Dominick who is inside the car waiting for Grace.
"It sounds unbelievable..."
He sighed.
"But you are here, smiling and talking normally without stress then you must be safe there... You have gained good weight... I am happy for it."

"Am i looking fat?"
She asked looking at herself.

"I said good weight... You were thin back then... You are looking healthy now."
He chuckled.

"Because he is taking care of me."
She assured him.

"I am so sorry about your medical condition... Is his family okay with this?... Aren't they angry about it."
He asked worriedly.

Grace shook her head.
"No! Actually they are completely fine with it... His father once talked to me, he is quite cold and strict but he assured me that i don't have to worry about giving them heir...  His mother also assured me that surrogacy is completely fine when we are ready... I am happy that they understand us..."