#𝟭𝟮 for real this time

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 ❝ YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ❞❪ so dull that i don't feel a thing ❫

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL
so dull that i don't feel a thing

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 ❝ YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ❞❪ so dull that i don't feel a thing ❫

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL

COMPLICATED - AVRIL LAVIGNE

──── CHAPTER XII

The next day, Ryker had spent the entire day wracking her brain for some sort of explanation on why she was feeling the way she was feeling. Last night, Finn had finally admitted he had a crush on her and ever since, her heart hasn't felt the same. Her mind was all over the place.

And now she was on set, talking to Millie and Noah and had no idea what to do when she saw Finn for the first time since he told her he likes her.

"So, Finn told you he-" Noah lowered his voice when he saw Haley step on set. "likes you?"

"Okay, what exactly was happening when he said it?" Millie had questioned. "Was there flirting involved, or was it just 'Hello, I like you.'?"

"It's way more...complicated." Ryker sighed heavily as she looked back at Haley who sent her an evil glare, then a fake smile to which she quickly turned back to Millie and Noah. "But I was a massive bitch and told him to go home to his girlfriend so somebody else can hear his lies for a few hours."

"You didn't necessarily turn him down, though, did you?" Noah questioned Ryker who sighed, looking down at the ground and kept her head down.

"I definitely did." Ryker questioned herself as she had run her hands down her face. "You guys know how I feel about him so you understand why I'm freaking out!"

"Yeah, we get it, love." Millie promised, wrapping her arm around Ryker comfortingly. "What are you gonna do when you have to film with him next?"

"I'm gonna talk to him and maybe tell him everything." Ryker said, struggling to get the words out. "But... I don't think anything could happen between us again."

"Why not?" Noah questioned the girl who frowned.

"Because I'm not ready to let him back in."

Noah and Millie looked behind Ryker to see Finn with a smile on his face and they watched him approach Ryker slowly, but he put his index finger up to his lips to indicate Millie and Noah not to say anything.

He quickly ran and wrapped his arms around Ryker from behind, making her scream in fear before he began laughing loudly, trying to push him off of her.

"Finn!" Ryker exclaimed fearfully, laughing nervously as Finn laughed and put her down.

Millie and Noah shared a glance at each other with knowing smirks and left the two alone, giving each other a high five behind their backs and went off to gossip about their relationship.

"Bet you $20 by the end of filming they'll be together." Noah whispered to Millie who scoffed.

"By the middle of filming." Millie bet.

"Hey." Finn whispered. "I told Haley I knew."

Ryker's eyes went wide in surprise before she looked down to avoid his eyes. "How'd it go?"

"She denies it. I know better." He shrugged, leaning back and kicking his feet up on the table, putting his arm around Rykers shoulders, leaning closer and whispering in her ear. "She also accused me of having a crush on you, then claimed it wouldn't matter if she was cheating, anyway."

"Well, I mean, you kind of do." Ryker responded with a smirk playing on her lips, making him laugh and sit up. "But it would still matter if she was cheating."

"I told her that." He responded, laying his head against her shoulder as he leaned back into the couch. "But I...don't know what to do about...everything."

"Haley will always have you wrapped around her finger until you decide to unravel." She pointed out. "Once you do, you're your own person again. But I don't wanna stick around to see how long that will take."

"Ryker..." He tried to grab her hand but she pulled away quickly before he could. "Ry, I know I make promises I never keep and I know I've lead you on one too many times but I promise, for real this time, that I'll make it up to you."

She knew better than to fall for his lies, knowing his pretty words are worthless. He'll never be somebody who can make it up to her the way he claims he will.

"I've said it once and I'll say it again, Finn." Ryker responded, clearly lost in her head leaving Finn wildly confused. "you can't make it up to me."

"Ryker!" Finn pleaded.

"I can't keep doing this." She stated, getting up and getting ready to walk away from him. "I'm done playing your little waiting game. And I didn't think I needed to say that after the other night."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Finn ran after the girl, stopping her by grabbing her wrist. "I told you I'll do anything to make it up to you."

"I know my self worth. I don't deserve to have to wait for somebody who only wants me when they're bored: When I could have anybody I want." She stated firmly, looking up at the boy. "So, you can talk pretty now, but really talk to me when you're free of that leash she keeps you on. We'll see if you really want me, or just want me cause you can't have me."

"Ry-Ryker! Wait!-"

Ryker watched Haley begin approaching the pair, sending Ryker an evil glare.

"Don't text me if she breaks your heart tonight." Ryker stated, walking off once Haley was in hearing-range. "Goodbye."

"Ryker!"

AUTHORS NOTE
i love them with all my heart like it actually hurts