#𝟭𝟱 sour

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 ❝ YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ❞❪ i'm starring in your movie ❫

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL
i'm starring in your movie

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 ❝ YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ❞❪ i'm starring in your movie ❫

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL

HAPPIER - OLIVIA RODRIGO

──── CHAPTER XIV

After his fight with Ryker at work, Finn was now laying in his bed with his girlfriend by his side. To whom he looked down at and imagined it was the one person who didn't wanna see him.

The two were watching Ten Things I hate About You together, and the only thing Finn's mind could wander to was Ryker. This was her favorite movie after High School Musical. He always knew her underrated opinions about every High School Musical movie, and somehow he remembered all of them.

Like how the third one was her favorite. The second one was her favorite soundtrack. And the first movie was the ultimate comfort because it was the original.

Somehow, every little fact he had learned about Ryker was engraved in his brain.

"You know, This is Ryker's favorite movie." Finn broke the comfortable silence the couple sat in, watching Haley look up at him. "When we would watch it together she would do the same dance that Kat did on the table."

"Would she?" Haley said, a hint of sourness to her tone as she clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes, looking at her chipped acrylic nails.

"She always said she wanted a love like Patrick and Kat's" Finn chuckled, hiding the blush on his face. "She would recite the poem. And if the movie made her cry, she would turn on high school musical to cheer herself up and sing me the entire soundtrack."

"Are you still thinking about your fight with her?" Haley groaned and sat up, keeping herself propped up on her elbow. "It's over. She's over. Let it go."

"Y-Yeah. I know. I have let it go." Finn stammered, looking at the Tv and away from Haley. "It's just...Around this time she'll group call me and Joe and cry over this movie." Finn chuckled, remembering all the times she had called him over this movie. "She would call us and scream 'I'll never find a love like them!' I always say 'I'll be your Patrick." He sighed contently, thinking fondly of the memory. "When I drive her to work, she'll play the soundtrack to High School Musical and we'll sing all the songs together. It's always nice to see her not entirely loath me for once."

"When the paint scene comes up she always says she wants to recreate it with somebody. I always wanted to recreate it with her." He smiled to himself as he had changed his gaze to the ceiling. "She wrote an entire song based on this movie, too, and I can't help but sing it when I watch it. I can'twatch this movie and not think about Ryker. She's basically Kat if she were a real person."

Finn couldn't get his mind off of Ryker. All he wanted was her and all he wanted to do was hold her and kiss her and recreate her favorite scenes from her favorite movie.

"I don't know. I just wonder if it would all be different if I didn't fuck everything up with her. I was an asshole, she would be so happy right now if I didn't mess up. She could be-"

"Finn! Shut up!" Haley stated. "Just shut up! I've heard enough of Ryker and your stupid past romance! You two are long over, so why are you still talking about her like you're in love with her?!" Haley suddenly exploded in his face, watching his cheeks go red and his leg start bouncing. "Oh! That's right; because you are in love with her! You don't care about me the way you do her! She's all you ever talk about! I'm so done with hearing, 'Ryker this, Ryker that' She doesn't even care about you! Get that through your head!"

Finn's smile dropped, he looked stunned as he quickly sat himself up, clearing his throat and shaking his head in disbelief. "She cares about me."

"Finn." Haley stated his name, looking up at him with a knowing expression. "Out everything I said, all you backed up was that she cares about you? You didn't defend the fact I said you're in love with her? Nice. Real nice."

"She's just a big part of my life!" Finn defended and watched Haley give him a stern look and then he sighed. "I don't wanna upset you."

"You love her, Finn." Haley pointed out, anger laced in her tones. "Nobody talks this passionately about somebody they don't have feelings for. You don't even talk about me like this!"

"Haley, I don't-" Finn went to defended himself, but the idea of saying the words left a sour taste in his mouth as he thought about it again. He loves her.
"I-I..."

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't love her, or I leave." Haley stated, looking up at Finn who was pacing the room anxiously. "Simple."

"I..." He paused and looked in Haley's eyes, only seeing anger and rage behind them. "I can't."

"Just as I suspected." Haley laughed bitterly as she ripped his t-shirt off of her body and rushed to grab her jacket off of his dresser. "I fucking knew it."

"And I know you're dating somebody else behind my back." Finn snapped back. "I saw it! I saw it all! The texts, the photos, the DMs, I've seen it all, Haley! And you still lied right to my face."

"Then, I guess we're both liars." She stated, looking up at Finn as she began wrapping herself in her jacket. "I was gonna let you down easy and say that I'm not gonna stand in the way of your happiness with Ryker — but you know what? You cheated first: I just got even."

"I never cheated." He promised. "And you know that for a fact! If I was a cheater, I wouldn't have put up with this for this long."

"Go to Ryker and never talk to me ever again." Haley flicked her middle finger up as she slammed the door in his face.

"Gladly!" He yelled back, watching the door close.

He sighed heavily, looking at the ground with a frown as he ran his hand through his curly hair and whispered a small. "Fuck."

But...Finn knew he had to do the right thing.