#𝟭𝟰 this number has been deleted

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 ❝ YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ❞❪ do you kiss your mother with a mouth like that? ❫

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL
do you kiss your mother with a mouth like that?

ˏˋ°•* 𖤐 ❝ YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ❞❪ do you kiss your mother with a mouth like that? ❫

YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL

WE NEVER EVEN DATED  - MAGGIE LINDEMANN

WE NEVER EVEN DATED - MAGGIE LINDEMANN

──── CHAPTER XIV

Ryker sat on the foot of her bed, scrolling through every picture she had on her phone of her and Finn. The urge to text him was terrible. But she couldn't decide between

'Fuck you'
or 'I love you.'

Or deleting his number entirely.

She wanted nothing more than to be next to him right now. But she also couldn't stand the way he acted on set. He treated her so cold, so harsh. But when it was just two the them, he acted like they never fell out of love. Like they were still dating.

Like how they were when things were easy.

As Ryker stood up and grabbed the frame she had of her and Finn on her nightstand, she smiled at it. Ryker on his back, kissing his cheek while he smiled. Finn knew she had it, and he loved it. It was his favorite memory as well as it was hers. Their first date when he took her to her favorite place in the world.

The woods. He had set up a simple picnic with a blanket and fruits in a basket. He had everything planned out and she had no idea he was planning it. Finn had Folklore playing and everything. Her dream date.

He was the one to make the first move and kissed her, pushing her down on the blanket gently, laughing lightly as he kissed her. It wasn't anything sensual, it was passionate and full of love.

And Ryker will always remember the words he told her after their first kiss.

"I promise to love you like there's no tomorrow, until we die."

He was always one to pull away and tuck her hair behind her ear while smiling at her. In the most cliché way possible. Then he would grab her chin, then her cheeks and kiss her harder, to which she always gasped and started choking on her words because of how nervous he made her when he did that.

As she reminisced, she remembered the way his lips felt against hers. Soft, gentle, delicate, cherry tasting from his chapstick but still slightly chapped due to the autumn weather.

And that whole day was filled with nothing but laughter and joy. And enjoying each other's company.

They hiked through the woods all while Finn carried her on his back, laughing when he dropped her by accident. He checked if she was okay, and she was, but she tackled him to the ground in return.

By the time Ryker had come back to reality, she didn't realize how hard she was crying. She angrily wiped her eyes and chucked the picture frame at the wall with full force, letting out choked sobs as she watched the glass shatter like her heart all over again.

Right now, Ryker's best option was to just pretend like Finn didn't exist. And gaslight herself into thinking that they were never anything more than friends. Because she could never have him, and his girlfriend made that pretty clear. And Finn made it pretty clear as well.

But if he were to ever to say he wanted her back, she would take him back. Because after all, he was the only love she's ever known.

Ryker laid down on her bed and looked up at ceiling, losing herself even deeper in the pit of her mind that she tried to never fall into. But tonight, she couldn't help it.

Ryker couldn't see Finn in any different light, no matter how hard she tried to hate him. Maybe only Finn was able to hate her because Haley hated her.

If Haley wasn't in the picture, would things be different today? Would Finn be hers? Would she be Finn's?

Did Finn ever wonder about her the same way she did? Staying up all night, thinking about how badly he wished she was next to him the way she did? Why did it make her heart hurt so bad to remember everything they never had? Did it hurt Finn just as bad? Twice as bad?

And was it shitty that no matter how badly she knew it didn't bother him anymore, she wanted it to bother him harder than it bothered her?

Was it shitty she hated Haley? Not just for her ignorance, but because she was everything Ryker isn't?

A pretty, white, blue eyed, blonde girl Ryker knew she could never compare to. Is that why Finn liked her? Because she was everything Ryker isn't?

Why did Ryker feel so inferior to the girl she couldn't give less of a fuck about?

And why did Ryker want to be in her position every night? Next to Finn, feeling his arms around her the way she used to when they were younger.

Finn always promised that he'd still be there when they got older, and though he's still in her life, he's not in the way she wished. But why did getting older mean having to lose part of yourself? The part if you that made you who you are?

Ryker let out a heavy sigh, taking her gaze off the ceiling for the first time in thirty minutes, grabbing her phone and opening her contacts, swiping right.

"DELETE." She confirmed.
"THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN DELETED."