𝙑𝙄.

Lonnie was leading them all through the woods, which was going on for miles before they would ever reach the mountains

Lonnie was leading them all through the woods, which was going on for miles before they would ever reach the mountains. It was not an easy terrain to get through since everything grew close to each other.

It would make for a perfect hide-out, Mal thinks to herself as she follows their guide in silence. All you had to worry about were a few patrolling guards who were too bored to pay real attention. Nobody would suspect anything as long as you remain hidden and silent.

But Pyper messed up. She drew attention to herself and that is what worried Mal. She could say a lot of things about Pan's daughter, but not that she was impulsive. The green haired girl was rather calculated and calm. To slip up like this was highly unusual.

So either something did not go according to plan.. or Pyper has a hidden agenda. Neither options seemed very comforting.

"The guards told me that they saw the sign over there," Lonnie says, pointing between the trees right in front of them. They entered the clearing that the guards had described to Lonnie, but there was nothing to be seen.

Ben asks if the guards could have misremembered, but Lonnie denies that. The guards know the woods better than anyone else. They wouldn't make such simple mistakes. But then Jane points towards the left. Between the foliage and the bushes they could make out the shape of a sign.

The king glances at Lonnie. There was a hesitant look on her face, but eventually she takes careful steps towards the sign. They begin walking with caution. However, with every step they took they did not seem to get closer to the sign. Eventually they had to step around a tree that was in their way.

But when they were back on their track, the sign was gone.

"I-It was just over there," Jane stammers, pointing in the direction of where the sign had been. Mal begins to feel uneasy and glances at her friends. They all share a similar look of distrust. Something was going on here. Something that did not seem right.

They continued searching for the place where the guards had disappeared, but it seemed like the sign was constantly disappearing and appearing again. It was leading them astray. They would have lost their way back had it not been for Lonnie.

"I don't trust this. Maybe we should head back," Evie suggests with a grim look on her face. The others couldn't disagree and Lonnie leads them back to the castle. But no one was really reassured about what had happened with the guards in the forest.

Celia struts through the rugged streets of the Isle of the Lost. She had put both of her hands stuffed away into the pockets of her skirt, tightly gripping her wallet so no one could take it off her.

She just left her father's arcade, her pack of tarot cards in the other pocket. The little girl wanted to cause a little mischief and earn a bit of money, so she decided on doing a few readings on the corner of the block.