𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄.

Prince Aurelius was laying on his back, his arms folded over his chest. He seemed very peaceful as he lays in an ornate casket with the lid laying somewhere by the walls of the gigantic hall. He was laid to rest in an old chapel, owned by Prince Philip and Princess Aurora.

His long eyelashes curl up, his eyelids barely closing together. He was pale, as usual, but with a healthy, rosy blush on his cheeks. In between his fingers his sister Audrey had put a small bouquet of lavender, daffodils and lilies.

The chapel was abandoned and the doors were wide open, but there were protective charms around the building. Probably to indicate when someone like her came around, Pyper thinks as she stands with crossed arms a few feet away from the front doors.

The protection charms were strong, but Pyper was way stronger. Especially with the Ember in her possession. All she had to do was raise her hands and flick her wrists to undo the spell.

Pyper walks in calmly. The chapel was beautiful, but she wasn't there to admire the architecture. She was there for one thing only. Wake Aurelius up and disappear again.

It was unsafe for her to be away from her lair. Everyone in Auradon was on high alert. Alarm bells would go off the second she was spotted somewhere and it could seriously mess up all of her plans.

But Aurelius didn't deserve to be stuck in endless sleep because she was afraid to take a risk. He had been too kind to her for her to do such a thing. She was cruel, but certainly not heartless.

Pyper approaches the cold stone altar on which the casket was displayed. Everything was ice cold to the touch. Too cold to be the resting place of the warm, kind hearted prince. It fills Pyper with an unexplainable rage to imagine his parents dumping him here without looking back.

And they portrayed the villains to be bad examples of a parent..

Pyper rests her hands on the gold of the casket and admires the prince's face. She never wanted to admit it to herself, but she found Aurelius quite handsome. His bouncing brown curls, the little freckles around his nose, the beauty of the dark eyes that he had now closed..

She wonders briefly where he was on the other side. Was it different for villains and heroes? Did he see rainbows and sunshine while her Sleeping Curse was a hell?

The sound of a small stone falling from the wall pulls her out of her daze. She shouldn't stay there for too long if she did not wish to be caught.

Pyper leans over the casket and bows her head. Her lips hover over Aurelius' for a doubtful second, but then she closes her eyes. Her lips meet his, though they barely touch.

Seconds pass in which Pan's daughter was filled with insecurity. Had it been untrue then? Was she not the person Aurelius was in truly love with?

But all doubts of that were erased from her mind when Prince Aurelius opens his eyes, though his awakening also fills her with a ton of other questions.

Their eyes meet for a long second before Pyper jumps back. She clears her throat while the prince sits up in his casket, still dazed yet awake. He calmly takes in his current surroundings. His brown eyes widen ever so slightly in surprise at seeing the girl standing there. A few feet away from him, but there nonetheless.

"Pyper?"

But there wasn't any time for him to say more. Pyper had taken another step backwards, moving away from the awoken prince, and triggered something.

A trap door on the roof opened. Two nets fall down and knock Pyper to the floor. She tries to crawl up again, but the nets shocked her with elektricity because of sensory monitors. Pyper tries to fight through the pain and close her eyes, but her belief magic didn't work. Nothing worked.