After You're Gone

Drizzles of rain splattered on the roof. Making sounds like bullets been shot through from machine guns. Strong gush of wind bellows from outside and swooshing sound of the wind itself echoed through the silent house.

The curtains were pulled down, resulting the already dark room becomes darker. A lump of thick blankets piled up on the center of the bed. A head with brunette hair popped up before all the thick blankets. Gloomy aura could be sensed around the room.

Silence were broken by an irritating, overly loud ringtone. Brunette groaned in pure displease. An outstretched skinny arm staggers it way through the bedside table. Fumbling along with an empty plastic bottle, food wrappers and other unidentified objects. Brunette finally succeed in grabbing his phone.

He swipes the screen but faintly cursed at the glass screen once it lights up. Obviously the back light setting is too bright for his liking. He could feel the lights almost blinding him. Only after he re-adjust the light, the text was opened.

From: Hope - V, where d heck r u?

Groaning, he lazily types back.

From: V - Home, asshole.

He pressed the send button. Before he could put down the metal object, it rings back. V was startled and almost, more like few inches away, from dropping his phone right onto his sour face. For the second time that morning, V cursed.

From: Hope - Get YOUR ass's hole to JK's house right now.
Or else, Jin would rip 'em apart in 15 min

"Geez, why did I got bunch of nosy friends?" He's now doubting either to get out from the bed or just abandon another day and stay tucked in his warm bed. Reading Hope's message just now does scared him. Wild images of Jin holding a butcher knife with a sick loop sided smirk flashed.

He shrugged at his own exaggerated thoughts. "Better go as Hope insist too. Plus, no one had ever justifies Jin's mental status." So, V went to clean himself. A dense breakfast consist of refrigerated strawberry milk and V got out from his house.

As he stepped out to the front porch, the rain had stop completely. The sky was still hovered by thick bundle of dark clouds. It reminded V to the image of cotton candy that had been sprayed with black ink.

Unknowingly, he let out a loud sigh. He never thought that he would ever step out from his house this fast. For these past days, his house had meant everything for him. It's his shell, an uncrackable one. Thanks to his overly caring friends, here he was now. Standing like some lost kid in front of his own gate.

Unlocking them, V heard the sky rumbled lowly. As if it was growling from the back of its throat. Or just simply coughing in order to buy some moment before vommitting all the pent up water inside itself.

Once the gate was locked, V pushed up his red hoodie and strode along the roadside. It was late Friday evening. V had not mind skipping his Social Class for that day. The lecturer won't mind either.

V breathed in the scent of after rain. The tars gave out quite a strong musky scent combined with what smells like chemical and for once, V needs to admit that he missed that smell. It had been a week or maybe two since V had last stepped out from his oh-so-called-shell.

What's with the blues? Right, let's ask V to rewind it back for- oh great, we're here. JK's house.

Brunette gave himself a mental cheer and opened JK's gate. He pressed the bell button and the mahogany door almost split into two. Hope's and JK's faces came out.

"Darn, I thought you would never come you emotional bitch!" There goes Hope's frantic rant.

Thanks for your concern Stupid Hope. V answered back mentally. JK just glared annoyingly towards Hoseok and shooed him away. He grabbed V's arm and led him into the house.

JK was never good with words. But he acts based on action. That's the only thing V wished for the moment. JK led him through the hallway, going straight to the living room.

From afar, he could hear loud rambling of Hoseok's nasal voice feat RM cursing to something. It was loud and V started to get lightheaded.

He tightened his grip on JK's arm. JK naturally snucked his left hand behind V and drew some messy patterns in order to keep the older relaxed. V puffed his cheeks before stepping into the living room.

When he entered, everybody turned towards their direction. "V!!!" Jimin literally screeched and pawed on the taller guy.

"Jimin, stop! You're heavy dumbass!" V let out a strangled yelp.

Jimin let him go and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "You stupid! We all are worried sick 'bout you. Where have you been these past weeks?"

Everybody didn't pay attention as Jimin tears rolled again. They acknowledge it already, that Jimin's an emotional and sensitive guy. It's not that hard to see or make him cry.

But this time they were not fooling around while Jimin wept. This time, they knew that Jimin was truly crying because he was worried. He's worried 'bout V, 'bout their one and only weird friend.

True that everybody paid no attention at first when V shuts himself away, few weeks ago. Then it worsen 'cause V wouldn't answer their calls or text.

Nobody knew the exact answer expect for JK. V trusted that guy and told him everything. The sole reason why he shuts himself off. And it was JK that had reassured others that V was alright.

Until today, everybody begged JK to comfort V and asked him to meet them. It felt like it had been forever since they had hung out with each other.

JK let go of V's hand and casually sat besides Jin on the couch. He gave that, Get over with it yourself , looks and managed a small smirk. V pouted. Damn you JK!