Spilled Over

"Where did you hide it! Tell me!"

"I don't have anything with me!"

DDANG!! KKANG!!

"Please, stop!!"

V jolted awake from his sleep. He thought he was dreaming or something. But the loud commotion from downstairs was real. He thought that it's a dream.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

An ear-splitting scream got over V. He knew that voice! Throwing his blanket aside, he rushed down the stairs. Mom! That's all he could think off.

V paused midway through  the stairs. His legs gave away and he fell down. He saw his mother crouched near the wall. Her face hidden by her hair. His father was rummaging through the shelves and drawers like crazy. Searching for money again, I see. V noted.

The living room was a disaster. Broken furnitures, misplaced sofas... and was that the TV near the entrance? The brunnette boy couldn't careless 'bout the TV right now. His eyes fixed on a certain small figure at the wall.

The small delicate figure that V hadn't met for almost 2 months. The one that would kissed his cheeks every now and then. The woman that would greet him at the door when he came home from school. The one and only woman that would sang lullaby to him everytime he got a panick attack after his father left.

"Mom~" he croaked slowly. Tears streaming down by now. V don't give a damn 'bout crying. His eyes fixed onto his mom. She's not moving!

All possible bad thoughts circulate through his brain. He was ashamed by himself. His mother was the only person that he knew, would willingly do anything for him. Eversince he's a kid, his mother would save him from his father's rage.

Every time they fought, V would found comfort in the cupboard. Palms clasped dearly onto his ears. As if he could blocked all that suffocoating shouts and curses. His breath would fall short and his small body trembled in utter fear. Eventually he cried.

He cried until the chaos died down. Then he waited and prayed. He prayed dearly to god, wishing that his dear mother would be okay. Wishing for his father to vanish and leave his mother and him alone. 

Until that silent footsteps resonates within the room. The small, light steps. And the cupboard door would be opened, and there, weakly standing with busted face, was V's angel. His one and only mother.

V now felt devastated. He wanted to go down there and gave his so called father a punch on his face. But the fear held him down. Fear that had haunted him for years by now.

Ashamed. V was ashamed and disgusted on how he was acting right now. He's a worthless son. He let his mom beaten up by some man that once he called father.

His trance of memories snapped when he saw his father, kicked his mother one last time on her shin. He said something inchorent. V won't care on what he's saying. He just want him to vanish at that very moment. He wanted his mother. His angel.

Right after the door was closed, V stoop up and ran towards his mother. "Mum!!! You alright?"

The brunnette noticed that his mother don't changed much over this 2 months. But she definetly grew older. Wrinkle around her eyes were getting prominent.

What fumed V the most was, his mother's left upper lips bled. "Mum~ I miss you," he said and reached to her face.

She smiled faintly and hissed at V's touch. V saw a big bruise creeping its way on her right jaw. His heart dwelled.

I let that bastard do this to my mum. I'm worthless living thing!!

"Mum, wait here for a bit." He instructed before dashing off towards the kitchen. Grabbing a clean rag, few ice cubes and emergency kit inside one of the drawers.

He wrapped the ice cubes with the rag and dabbed very slowly at her jaw. He moved it in feather like manner. Afraid that his broken mother would break even more because of him.

"Taehyung-ah, don't cry," she croacked.

Oh, how V missed that soothing voice. Velvety and laced with concern, everytime she spoke.

She grasped V's hand affectionately. Her hands were warm, just like how V remembered. But that once soft palms felt somewhat rougher now.

"I- I'm a worthless son, mom. Forgive me. I've sinned to you!" V sobbed. All that pent up sadness, frustration and fear spilled over. Just like how the full glass got knocked over and the glass shattered away into many tiny pieces. It hurts. As the tiny pieces was stabbing V tremendously.

"Taehyung-ie~" she cooed and took the rag away from V. She placed her left palm on V's cheeck and carressed it lovingly.

"You are my son. You are my sunshine. You are my rascal, my little brat. You are my happiness, my sadness. There's only one Taehyung in this world. And he's my one and only precious baby. My prince, my king but most important,"

She pecked his nose, "He's my son!" A single tear slid from her eye. She was happy to see her son again. She's been hiding from her husband all this while. Seems like her suprise for V was not so suprise anymore.

She chuckled. "Now, my darling. Would you put some oinment on these scratches? It starts to hurt y'know."

V noticed the visible scratches on his mother's arms. "Sure mum." He dabbed some iodin on the cotton ball. His mother was dabbing the ice pack along her bruised jawline.

V tend his mother's wound lovingly. "It feels like the old days, right son?" Brunnette can't help but to chuckle at her statement. "Yes, it does".

-----------------------------------
A/n - update~ lalala.. a small shot on how v's life was. Kuhuhu(o^^o)
Love y'all..