hopeless romantic / Edd x gender neutral! reader

TW: death

Edds POV

Another cold night in the ruins of Sakonda. (Literally a random name that came to mind)

Me and Y/n were sleeping. Keyword; were. As you probably didn't know, we're  in some abandoned ruins of a castle of the Great Sakonda. He used to be a well-known wizard living in this castle thousands of years ago. Snuggling closer to Y/n, I felt them tense up, before relaxing again. My arms were holding my loved one, as they were laying their back turned to me. Pulling them closer, they were not so close to me, my head was buried in their fluffy h/c hair.

It was a peaceful night in the ruins that we call our home. Few moments later, I heard a cracking sound. I shook myself awake before frantically looking around. Huh. No cracks on the walls.. I guess it's just.. *Yawn* nothing...

As my vision finally blacked out, I could feel something shifting in my arms. After a while of shifting, they fell limp, probably falling asleep again.

....

Opening my eyes, sunshine greets me through the cracks of the window. I sit up from the bed and rub my eyes, before standing up. I noticed that Y/n wasn't here, and they were probably downstairs  eating breakfast or something.

...
The bathroom door is locked. On the door there's a  sticky note, asking me to check her diary from start to finish for any new entries. In the start, it's pretty normal. Nothing is really going on. Until one point, when our home was bombed and we lost Tom and Matt, never crossing paths with them since then. Sometimes I wonder if they are still alive... The next part is when we found the castle ruins and moved in here. It's pretty much on a cornflower field, with no city or village nearby. The castle ruins look like someone still lives there, as for there is always food and water. The next, and the last part, had started going off about how Y/n had anxiety and some kind of depression, and they didn't know what to do. The tiny note was sticked to the last page.

"Where do I love to be the most... "

It said. I quickly got up from the bed and went. To their favorite place in the whole castle. Right there, was another note pointing me to a floor below, where was a table with candles. And another note asking me to go back down to the kitchen. As I did so, I found the last note, which has the bathroom key sticked to it.

"Relax yourself. Prepare.. We will meet again. "

The last sentence weirded me out a bit, but nonetheless I mentally tried to prepare myself as I slowly put the  key in the keyhole and twisted... As the door slowly opened, I stood bewildered by the sight before me. Y/n was laying sprawled onto the floor without an arm and a bloody neck. The sight was  pretty scary, especially since it was my crush. The only person I've cared for. The one I loved.

As. I realized it was too late to save them, I fell on my knees and started sobbing.

God, I'm such a hopeless romantic..

A/n: sorry that it's not really much x reader in here, it's mostly just talking about them (you) and not something romantic, but hey- I've wanted to try something different xd

Hope you liked this one as I will probably update again in a few days -w-"