Leo (Prologue)

Hello, everyone who happens to read this, my name is pillowwriting101. This is my first attempt at actually publishing a Helltaker fanfic (I had ideas but I decided not to write them). Just know that this is my expansion of the lore and story of Helltaker, so please know that none of what I have written is canon to the game or comics. I hope you enjoy this prologue and that it intrigues you to read more of this fanfic.

(Also if the words are slanted like this, they are thinking.)

Leo (Prologue)

A boy wakes up from his sleep, yawning loudly as he goes to get dressed. He quickly brushes his teeth, puts on clothes, and packs his belongings. He then exits his tent, breathing a sigh of relief as he heads towards a bus. Today was his last day of training with the military and he was just starting to get fond of it.

"Hey, hurry up or we're gonna leave without ya!"

The boy turned his head to face a man waving toward him on the bus. The voice who called him was Mark, the first friend he made during the time he was there.

"Yeah, come on LEON!"

This voice was his other friend- Liam, who were once rivals at a time when he met him but slowly became friends in the end.

"I've told you before, it's Leo!"

Leo ran over to the bus to board it to then came face to face with the bus driver- Felix.

"Hey, there pal looks like training is finished for you, huh?" Felix said with a laugh. "You look like a man compared to the little shrimp you were when you first came here"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" Leo grumbled.

Leo went to sit down next to Mark, who noticed him staring at a photo.

"What's up with the photo?" Mark asked curiously.

"Oh, I never showed you before but this is my friend before I went to this camp." Leo said with a smile "He's a nice guy, before I left he said that he wants to make a harem of demon girls which I found a bit silly, but who knows if he really got a harem?"

"Just can't wait to see him!" Leo said happily.

"Wait a minute....." Mark said with confusion

"What?" Leo asked.

"You've been here for about 2 years, and you've changed a lot, do you think he'll still recognize you?" Mark exclaimed "Just saying, you been gone for a while"

"Nah, I'm sure he'll know who it is when I come knocking on his door." Leo said with a nervous laugh.

"Will he still remember me?" Leo thought panicking inside.

Meanwhile in Hell.....

The Helltaker has ventured into hell in order to get a harem, at this moment he has gotten a tired office worker whose name is Pandemonica, a lustful demon called Modeus, the gatekeeper of hell - Cerberus, a grumpy gamer named Malina, a smoker named Zdrada, an angel called Azazel, and just recently managed to sway an awesome demon called Justice.

"Yay!" Cerberus shouted in excitement. "The harem is growing!"

"Just don't let it grow too much." Malina grumbled. "The last thing we need is a bunch of girls who you can't take care of."