possibility

It had been three weeks since the incident. Three weeks of avoiding one another. Rose wasn't feeling too well, she continued to sleep in as her adoptive sire Ultra Magnus met with her. 

 He would make the trip to meet with Rose soon. She hadn't spoken to Rung since then and she didn't like it much. It was so quiet without him around. But it was okay because Ultra Magnus made sure to keep her busy by keeping up with her lessons and chores and also giving her some company on occasion.

Rose found herself relaxing during these check ins, it was nice being with his large frame again but this time she missed him more than anything else. She missed his warmth and the sound of his low voice. And worst of all, she missed the way his soft servos would caress her faceplates when the conversation lulled.

The way he would cuddle her and read her bed time stories, bring her med-grade energon to soothe her tummy aches. 

And when the situation called for it, he'd give her cuddles. Rose loved spending time with her adoptive sire. It was nice he took time out of his busy schedule to attend to her. 

Magnus had to do work, but he checked in on Rose from time to time. Rose was still feeling pain in her spark but her stomach was swollen and tender. She was pretty sure she was sick or at least coming down with something. She couldn't feel her stomach without it being senstive. 

She decided not to tell anyone about the sickness and just wait it out like Ultra Magnus told her to. Rose tried hard to take everything in stride and just act normal even though her spark hurt and tears were building up in her optics.

She was determined not to ruin things.

Rose just laid there, listening to Ultra Magnus read a book he picked up from the ship library. Her chest felt heavy and her spark hurt but she couldn't focus on that right now. She wanted to enjoy her guardian's presence.

"I'm glad you're here." said Rose eventually breaking the silence between them. He looked up from his reading and smiled softly at her before leaning down and kissing her forehead lovingly.

 "Me too."

Magnus closed his book, and smiled at Rose but frowned at the obvious bulge in her stomach. 

 He reached out towards it and Rose flinched. She held her breath. The last thing she needed was him to touch her.

"Why haven't you eaten?" asked Magnus concerned. His optics widened when he realized what it might mean. Rose was pregnant? He hoped his suspicions were wrong. But if they weren't…

Then he has a lot to explain to when Red Alert came to visit, if Rose was pregnant then that means new boundries has to be set for the carrying to go well. He wasn't going to jump to those conclusions juuuust yet. 

"Um...it's just been a difficult couple of days...and I haven't really-" began Rose. Magnus cut her off gently placing his hands over hers. He knew she was lying but he decided not to push. That would come later.

If she wanted to speak of it then she would. Right now, he simply wanted her to rest and recover.

"I understand darling." said Magnus looking away from her face, his gaze dropping to the floor. For now, he just wanted to give her space while she was sick and in pain.

"That's ok Rose, I understand." he reassured her softly, rubbing her palm with the pad of his thumb. It was strange how someone so large could hold such tenderness.

He wondered what it would feel like to have a sparkmate who cared for you so deeply.

They sat like this together in companionable silence for several minutes and when he felt Rose begin to drift away into recharge, he tucked Rose in and gave her a kiss on her forehelm. 

For now, he has to file more paperwork. Exiting the room, Magnus looked once more at the sleeping Rose. And sighed closing it.