Chapter 17

When Jin and Namjoon woke up they immediately looked for Hoseok but he's nowhere to be found. Funny thing is, the door that was hard to open before they fell asleep finally opened and because of that, they thought Hoseok might have wandered somewhere to which what they exactly did. If only they knew where he went.

"Where are they? It doesn't seem like there are any living human here except from us." says Jin while holding hands with Namjoon.

"They might be somewhere here inside this goddamn house. We just need to figure out where and hopefully we don't run too soon to the people we should be avoiding."

"Huh? Who should we avoid?"

"The man named Jungkook and the other one who took Yoongi somewhere."

"Oh yeah, you're right."

While the two continues to walk along the empty hallway they suddenly heard a door open not far from where they are and because of the rush of fear, Namjoon opened one of the locked room near them and pulled Jin inside not forgetting to silently closed the door even when they're in a rush to hide.

Both of them held their breath while silently leaning their ears on the door, praying for their lives not to be busted by whoever the person is outside who unfortunately stopped inconveniently outside the room they're both in.

Jin and Namjoon looked at each other. Namjoon held tight his husband's hand to calm him down as he smiled.

After three minutes of intense fear, the man finally left and continued to walk to wherever he's supposed to go. The husbands finally let out a relieved sigh.

"That was close." says Jin.

"It sure is."

Jin roamed his eyes inside the room they're at and figured it somewhat resembles an office room so he quietly look around while Namjoon followed behind as he kept his guard up.

"Hey, look at this." says Jin, handing a picture frame to Namjoon who took it.

"Is this. .?"

"Yes, it is. A family picture."

"They look so picture-perfect."

"And that girl really looks like my brother." says Jin, smiling not believing how the said female resembles his brother perfectly.

Namjoon's silently stared into the picture that made Jin curious and a little scared on how intense his husband stare was at the picture.

"You alright, Joonie?"

"No, I'm not. This picture. . This girl you said that looked like your brother. . She is not a 'She' but rather a 'He', just exactly what that old friend of yours at the toy shop said. He didn't mention a girl in his story and he is right. Here, have look on what he is wearing. It might not be that obvious but girls before doesn't wear pants inside their dresses. They wear bloomers not pants."

Jin took a great look at what his husband is telling him and shock is obvious in his face when he realized he was right.

"And look how his mom at the back hold his shoulders and how uncomfortable he is in this picture. The couples doesn't seem loving to each other if you asks me and don't get me started with the boy beside Jimin. He looks like a goner."

"But they're all smiling. If people before don't hace eyes like you, Joonie, no one would notice how fake they are." says Jin.

While Jin is busy finding other pictures inside the drawer's desk that they could to solve whatever mystery this house has for them to get out, Namjoon noticed a Dollhouse behind one of the couches and crouched down to have a good look at it.

As soon as Namjoon opened the dollhouse, it somewhat activated a lullaby tune  mechanism inside the said toy - kind of resembling a music box that got Jin's attention especially when a little orb of light float in the air.

"What the hell is that?" he whispered.

"I don't know."

The couple stood in shock as Namjoon almost fainted when the said little orb of light transformed into a ghost like Jimin.

"H-How. .? Jimin?!"

Jimin's ghosts command them to shushed as he moved towards somewhere that got Jin wondering if this infront of them is his brother or the Jimin from before that already passed few decades ago.

"What are you doing?!" asks Namjoon when he got back to his senses when Jin tried to follow the ghost.

"What do you think I'm doing?"

"We can't just follow a ghost that looks like Jimin! What if he's not what we thought he is? What if he is the bad guy pretending to be your brother?"

"Oh really? A bad guy who will hide inside the Dollhouse?" asks Jin with his arms crossed.

Namjoon sighed in defeat.

"Alright! You win but if we get in trouble. ."

"Then we'll find a way to escape together." says Jin squeezing his husband's hand as they walk towards the ghost who was just there somewhat waiting for them to follow him.