📜💓🌸 Speed.GIF x Reader: Grumpy Blueberry!

Y/N: Your Name
E/C: Eye Color
H/C: Hair Color
H/L: Hair Length
F/D: Favorite Drink
F/C: Fave Color
𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘:dei_surra
(A fluff fic with Speed.GIF! Where Speed is shy about admiting their feelings, and Y/N soon finding out the truth!)
🍭𝔑𝔬 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢! 𝔍𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔈 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔣𝔲𝔫!🍭

Y/N's POV:

I was going on about my day as usual, I was in the kitchen and I was baking these nice sugar cookies that were heart-shaped with red frosting, and heart sprinkles that came in red, white, and pink. I had just finished making the cookies and I wanted to share some with someone I was close with. Their name was Speed.GIF, or "Cyclops" as a general nickname. I prefer to call them "Speed" or "Cy". What's odd is that I'm the only guy/gal/enby pal allowed to call them that! He doesn't like other people calling them that, very few people are allowed to call him by those names! I always questioned that... But other than that, I decided to get ready for my day out! I got on my outfit, a simple F/C turtleneck sweater, some jeans/a skirt (you choose), and some F/C boots. I put the cookies in a small pink heart shaped box, closed together with a red ribbon. I grabbed a basket and put the cookies in there, along with a bottle of strawberry F/D and a little letter I made... I had liked Speed for a bit, so this will be how I confesed.

As I walked around the woods, I saw an eye on the shadows, staring within the confines of my soul. I wasn't petrified by this, because I recognized who it was. "Heya, Cy!" I greeted joyfully, my expression beaming with brightness as my E/C eyes lit up like Christmas lights. Speed emerged from the bushes of evergreen, his azure blue ears twitched a bit. "Greetings, Y/N." He replied, his rasp and deep voice scaled as his charcoal black eye stared at mine. I smiled as I reached into the basket, rummaging through underneath the F/C silk cloth that covered it.

Third Person POV:

Y/N handed the cookies to speed, the warm embrace of their smile encapsulating Speed. Speed had always felt so warm and fuzzy around Y/N. What was this emotion that he could be feeling? He never felt this chillingly warm! He glanced away, as his face heated up like fire, "Thanks." Speed grumbled lightly, huffing a puff of air. Y/N tilted their head... Did Speed not like the cookies that they had made? Y/N handed them the strawberry F/D, smiling softly. Speed's face heated up more! How could Speed be feeling like this? He was never plush soft, he was rough as nails, and yet there were cracks within his exterior already! Speed did not say anything, as he glanced away, seemingly phased by this action of kindness. Y/N noticed this, maybe Speed did like them!

Y/N took out the letter from the basket. They took a deep breath as they handed Speed the letter. "I-I wrote this... It's for you!" Y/N chirped out melodically, their voice strumming within Speed's ears. 'It's for you'... That phrase stuck into Speed's mind like glue. Not many people did such nice things for him, but Y/N was different! Y/N was such a sweet, kind, and loveable creature in Speed's perspective. Every time that Speed was around Y/N, his heart fluttered in his chest, butterflies formed in his stomach, and his face heated up in a warm and fuzzy feeling kind of way. He took the letter, examining its ivory white envelope, sealed with a coral, heart shaped wax seal. He opened the letter, looking at the paper within. The scrawled cursive in a bright, glittery blue read:

"Dear Cy,
It's me, Y/N! I wanted to write this letter in advance. I just wanted to say that you're a really nice fella! I was wondering if you'd want to go get coffee? Or maybe go to see a movie? Maybe what I'm trying to say is that... I love you, Speed! Everything about you makes my heart flutter out, and you always seem so grumpy, but it's cute! I love you!

-Signed, Y/N ♡"

Speed stared at the letter, his eye was wide like a dinner plate! And his eye went back to normal, as he stared at the note for a short eternity. Was he shocked? Did he hate the note? His expression was a blatant mystery to poor, sweet Y/N. They looked a bit anxious and antsy. Did he not like the gift? Was Y/N taking things too fast? Y/N had felt their world almost start crumbling, their heart becoming more vulnerable. Y/N huffed sadly. "Welp... I guess I'll get going-" "Where are you heading, you dingus?" Y/N's eyes widened, they were stepping onto pins and needles! Why would Speed ask them where they were going?

Speed.GIF's POV:

Y/N turned to glance at me, their bright, E/C eyes shimmering in the sunlight that danced through the rough leaves of the forest that we were in. Their expression was a raise of confusion. "Oh! Uhm... I was heading to the lake, under the bridge." they told me. Odd... Y/N usually went there when they were sad. I decided, I'll go with them. I told them that I was going to go with them, and they looked at me with a bright shimmer within their gaze, "You will? Oh, that's so sweet of you, Cy!" they cheered, hugging me close to them. I walked to the underpass of the bridge with them, and I saw their lower lip quiver and twitch, their E/C eyes welling with salty tears as their H/L, H/C hair danced and swayed to the rhythm of the wind. Their eyes had dimmed down, and I was worried.

"Y/N... You can tell me what is wrong, you doofus." I told them. They looked into the water, their smile a mask that hid away their sorrows. "Do you... Dislike me?" Y/N asked, their voice trembling as salty tears fell from their face. I cupped their face and looked at them, their soft whimpers stiffened as I gazed at them. The calming flow of the dancing river water was taming and alluring. The shades of pink, purple, blue, yellow and red from the gracefully falling sunset reflected upon the water, as it shimmered. The question shocked me! What made Y/N think I hated them? I never hated them! I am just upset that I cannot find a way to express my emotions to them! I turned them to look at me, my hands being gentle upon their body as I gazed within their vibrant E/C eyes.

Y/N's POV:

My eyes widened as Speed pulled me closer to them, the butterflies within my stomach fluttered violently. I gazed at him, as he looked at me, his teeth bared a bit. I couldn't tell wether he was mad or smiling, due to how most of his facial features were blocked by mysterious shadows. I felt my heart sink way down within my stomach. Before I could say anything, I felt Speed's face press up against mine, his lips within contact of mine, as he held my face within his strong and tender, yet beastly hands. I felt my face heat up, 'he's kissing me!' I thought to myself as fireworks went off in my head! The taste of his mildly sweet, cottony lips had felt amazing against mine! After a bit, he pulled away. "I love you, you cute dork," Speed cooed, as he chuckled lowly. "And I love you, my grumpy blueberry!" I hummed a smile while hugging his arm.

Third Person POV:

Y/N had felt amazing and warm inside! Their crush had liked them back! But, they were still brighteningly befuzzled about Cy's behaviour. Why did he act the way they did? They were quiet, he kept glancing away. Y/N had so many questions unanswered. "Hey, Cy," Y/N hesitaded. Speed looked over to Y/N, their hand in Y/N's H/L, H/C hair. "What is it, Y/N?" "If you liked me, how come you acted the way you did?" Y/N queried in a sweet yet curious tone. Speed stayed quiet for some time, worried that his explanation would make the sweet situation become a rotted mess.

"It's just that... I had a hard time admitting my emotions, and I can't help but feel so warm around you! It's stupid..." Speed grumbled, crossing his arms. Y/N hugged Speed, worry within their E/C eyes. They didn't know that Speed had a hard time saying that they liked them back, as Y/N had thought that Speed hated them! Y/N decided to talk to Speed. "Oh, Speed, it's not stupid at all! Why, love is a complicated and delicate thing, but when both parties work together, with trust, compassion, and empathy, love can be achieved in any shape, form, or size! Don't'cha think?"

Speed felt his heart flutter. He had never felt such soft spoken words of kindness encase him in a warm embrace. Y/N's bright and loving smile was a beautiful sunrise, shining beautifully onto the world! "Y/N, you're so sweet. Always kind, caring, and you're always there for me. I love you, Y/N!" Speed exclaimed, joyful fireworks went off in his head. Y/N's heart was warm as a furnace, as they were glad to hear this, "I love you too, my sweet blueberry!" Y/N chuckled, peppering Speed's face in kisses as Speed giggled. Y/N and Speed soon shared a sweet and short kiss, and Speed played with Y/N's H/L, H/C hair.

"I love you so much, Y/N, my sweetness."

"And I love you, my charming blueberry."