•Practicing•

[Thought ]
[Spell]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N looked at Flitwick as if he had just gone mad.

He blinked a few times.
Y/N: What?
He asked.

Flitwick looked deep in thought for a moment. He then looked at the boy, smiling.

Flitwick: You could try, Potter. Maybe you can be the first one to make a spell that creates blue flames.
He said.

Y/N: Are you sure about this, Professor?
He asked.
Flitwick nodded.

Flitwick: Creating a spell isn't easy at all. There are many, many things that can go wrong, you know? But I believe in you. You're one the most brilliant students I know. I'm sure you'll find a way for sure. You can always ask Miss Granger for help.
He said.

At those words, Y/N's eyes lit up.
Y/N: That's a great idea, Professor. I'll do it. Thank you!
He said, rushing out of the room.

He closed the door behind him, smiling.
Y/N: Forget it. I'm not gonna ask anyone for help. This is something that regards me. Just me. And that's why I'll have to sort this out on my own.
He thought, as he rushed to the Library, almost knocking two First Years on the ground.

He sat at one of the tables, and took out a piece of parchment, and a quill.

Y/N: First things first. I'll just start to review the effects I want to apply.
He muttered to himself, as he wrote the word 'EFFECTS' on the top left corner.

He started to focus, trying to remember what happened every time he had generated blue flames.

Y/N: Let's see... Whenever I generate these flames, they always have a destructive effect. So... I think the effects should be destruction and of course burning.
He muttered, writing that down.

Y/N: Alright... What's the Latin word for Destruction?
He muttered.

He got up, and went to grab a dictionary. He checked it, flipping through its pages, and then, he finally spotted it.

Y/N: There it is!
He said too loudly.

As a result, everyone turned their heads to look at him.

He sweat dropped.
Y/N: Ops.
He said, chuckling nervously, as he headed back to his table.

Y/N: Good. The Latin word for Destruction is Interitus. That sounds perfect.
He muttered.

He then proceeded to draw a wand movement.

(The wand movement for Interitus)

He put the quill down, and admired his work, smiling proudly.

Y/N: Yes. This will do. I'll just have to find an empty classroom and start to practice.
He thought, as he pocketed the parchment, and left the Library, searching for an empty classroom.

After a while, he had finally found an empty classroom, and it was also pretty big.

He got in, and closed the door behind him.
He put his bag on a desk, and rummaged through it, searching for a broken quill.

Once he found it, he put it on another desk, looking at it.

Y/N: Focus. Focus on that quill. Every time these flames were created, it was because of my emotions. Maybe that's the key. Channel your negative emotions.
He thought, as he grabbed his wand.

He pointed it to the quill.
Y/N: Interitus!
He said.

Blue particles erupted from the tip of his wand, but instantly vanished.

He looked at his wand, his eyes widened in disbelief.

Something had clearly happened, but it was still too far away from being defined a spell.

It still needed some improvement.

Y/N: That's it. Flitwick was right. I can definitely make it! But I wasn't concentrated enough.
He said to himself.

Y/N: I won't tell anyone. I'll create it. I'll definitely do it. And then... I can put an end to these Magical Outbursts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
632 words.