Chapter 18

Nine decades and ninety-nine years ago, a well-known rich, prominent family, had lived in Gyeonggi-do. The said family was picture-perfect and envied by everybody who knows them. They were idolized so to speak. But are they really?

Park Iseul and Park Dae had been married for almost ten years however within those years of pretending to be a loving couple, they haven't been able to have a child of their own. During their time, if a couple hasn't had a child yet, either one of them is infertile or one might be having an affair behind one's back and to hide this shameful piece of information to everyone they always just had to tell people that they're busy getting themselves to be more rich than they already are for their future heir but the truth is, Iseul just don't see Dae as his wife that could give him an heir especially that they only got married because of their parents. To simply put, he doesn't want nor love her just as how Dae simply wants him to be.

And like what was said, there are only two reasons before that people believe as to why a couple might not have a child and for the said couple, one was true. Iseul was having an affair behind Dae's back and she was aware of it but have to be blind about it and pretend that she is okay, that nothing is ruining the picture-perfect image their family has.

The said affair provided the Park's a heir - Jungkook. His real mother for some reason disappeared and no one knew about her as everyone thought Jungkook was the son of Iseul and Dae. Only the couple knew who the mistress was.

Three years after Jungkook came into the picture, another one came - Jimin. Now, he is not a child from another affair of the Father but rather a true child of Iseul and Dae. However as happy as Iseul is now that he has two male heirs, Dae isn't happy at all. Ever since she was a kid, she wants to have a daughter when she grow up and that didn't happen especially that she does not want his son to be like his father so as weird and disapproving Iseul is, she trained Jimin to be feminine than masculine.

It started with little gestures until she moved to his clothing and basically ended up seeing Jimin as a female and not a male. Iseul didn't approve of it behind close doors but has to go along with what Dae wants everyone to see when they're in public that their son is a female - a soft, fragile little girl that everyone adores including his older step brother who is starting to simply admire his little brother more than he should.

Dae succeeded with what she wants to happen and what she wants everyone to see. She made herself believe that she gave birth to a girl and not a boy and that somehow made her happy. But of course, Iseul still kept on having quiet affairs behind her back which he thought she didn't know but she did and she didn't like it that she starts to see bottles of liquor as her friend. The name? Whiskey.