Go Towards The Light PT.2

Good Morning, Captain. 

We are currently ERROR years into our journey. 

Coffee is en route. 

Ship status is...

ABSOLUTELY CATASTROPHIC

 Not again. You stumbled out of the pod, alarms blaring into your ears. Everything seemed the same.

How could this have happened? Didn't you just die? Why are you suddenly back on the ship? Is this your own personal hell?

You couldn't take it anymore. You grabbed the fire extinguisher and decided it was better to put an end to this. You threw it at the window, shattering the glass and sending yourself hurtling out the window, into the dark of space.

Finally, it was over.

Good Morning, Capta-

"FOR F**** SAKE!" You yelled. Breaking the pod you ran towards the door. That's when Mark came out of his pod.

"Captain? Does this feel-" You watched as his body twisted and contorted itself into different versions of himself. "Familiar to you?" He finished. You stood there shocked for a brief moment before running down the hall to fix as many problems as you could. The whole time Mark was calling out behind you. 

It's got to be something to do with that portal. You hit the button to open the door to the wormhole. Just as you were about to jump in...

"Captain, wait! What the hell are you doing?" Mark pulled you away, turning you to face him. "What the hell is that? What the hell is happening?" You tried to explain, but before you could even finish your first sentence, a strange blue light came beaming from the other end of the corridor.

"No more! No more." A strange woman in tattered clothing came walking towards you both, gun in hand. "It ends here. I'm not gonna let you do it." She tried to blame you for something you hadn't done, at least you think you hadn't done. Mark tried to reason with her, looking back at you every few words to make sure you were okay. He placed his body in front of yours, shielding you. You grabbed onto Mark as you felt the ship explode, sending you both hurtling into the wormhole.

You tumbled and fell for what felt like hours. Mark's body once again began to twist and contort. 

A series of doors began to form around you both, you had to decide which one you could go through. Mark dived through one, leaving you to choose. As if by chance, a door opened up in front of you.

When you finally gained consciousness, you heard a voice, calling out from the darkness.

PARADOX DETECTED

You were face to face with the warp core. It needed a host. Why does it need a host?

A split second later you woke up on the ship, alarms still blaring. Mark was also coming out from his own pod.

"Am I? Are you? Did I? Did you? Did we?" He laughed grabbing you and pulling you into a hug. "We're immortal!" He pushed you away, a slight tint of red on his cheeks. He explained to you what had happened to him. He had fallen into the centre of a star and had to feel the skin melt from off his own body. Both of you seemed to remember what had happened. But why?

You rebooted the ship. Mark called it the Ooopsie-Boopsie protocol. You quickly discovered that you would not be able to make it back to the warp core.

Mark being the idiot he is suggested that you keep jumping into the wormhole, so that's exactly what you both did. Time after time, you were faced with dangers you never even knew existed. After 100 times, you finally gave up, finding yourself repeating the same mistakes you'd made before.

"RIGHT, THAT'S IT! I'M CALLING A MEETING!" Mark sighed but agreed to go along with you. Think he's having a bit too much fun jumping through a wormhole.

After a long discussion with the crew, you finally had to make a decision on what to do next. You could send out a distress signal, but who knows who, or what is gonna respond, or how quickly they could get here.

Bert had the great idea of popping the ship into the reverse and backing it into the wormhole to see if it would get unstuck. Celci didn't like the idea, but you thought it best to go with your gut instinct.

Time to pop'er in reverse!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I know its late... I'm sorry.

New chapter coming soon!