Six.

I mentally countdown to the seconds I have left before the final class of today ends.

Once the school bell goes off, I slammed my book shut and shoved them inside my bag. "Students, before you leave, I have a reminder for all of you to choose your partners for this activity by tomorrow."

My brows furrowed. What activity was she talking about?

"Hey, what activity was she referring to?" I asked a girl from my left.

"She said it was some sort of trust activity? I'm not too sure but it seemed like we have to partner up with some we trust for this."

I thanked her before leaving the class and headed out to look for the girls. This was one of the few classes where my timetable was not the same as the girls'.

It was not necessarily a bad thing since I got to mix around and make new friends, but it does get quiet sometimes when I ran out of topics to talk with people I was not close with.

"Freya! You're finally joining us!" Cassie squealed and pulled me to their side.

"Someone's in a very good mood." I joked.

"Of course she is. Lately she's spending all her time with McKay now instead of us." Maddy huffed.

"Stay safe and protected if you know what I mean." I winked while her face started showing hints of pink across her cheeks.

"I know I've been spending a lot of time with McKay, but, I'm making time tonight for you guys." She grinned. "How about we go out and have a girls night?"

All of them cheered and agreed to her idea accept for me. "Ah, I wished I could join you guys but I have dinner with my mom and her 'friend'."

Cassie's eyes went wide. "Your mom is back?"

"No shit, Cass. I thought someone broke into the house in the middle of the night when I heard sounds downstairs but turns out it was my mom." I groaned.

"I'm feeling sorry for you, Frey." Kat said and hugged me on the side. "But try to be nice to her, for your sake okay?" She suggested softly. "She will give you and earful if you mess up whatever dinner she is having."

"Roger that. You guys have fun tonight. I'm keeping my hopes up that I will not be miserable tonight with whoever her guests are."

"You won't be with the help of some booze to take you off the edge." Maddy smirked.

I chuckled. "I don't think I need some. I might need a whole bottle to help me get through tonight without losing my shit."

My mom called and said she was around the corner to pick me up. I answered with an 'okay' even though it was not okay.

What made my mom think that picking me up from school and showing up uncalled for would make her seemed more of a mother to me?

"See you guys tomorrow!" I waved before walking to the entrance of the hallway first.

The moment I exited the school, I already saw my mom in her car driving slowly across the street to where my school was.