Eight.

My day was already a full of shit to begin with, but with another bombshell dropped on me, it made it even better.

Turns out, I was partnered with Nathaniel fucking Jacobs for the trust activity. We were supposed to choose our own partners but I don't know how did everyone got partnered up first and the only people left that were not partnered up was him and I.

I guess the big guy above had a great plan for the both of us, didn't he?

"Great, since all of you have found your own partners, we can all start today. Go on with your partners." My Sociology teacher ushered for us to move our asses to our partners.

I, on the other hand, was stuck on my own sit because I do not, under any circumstances, want to have him as my partner.

I sat and silently prayed that there was actually someone who was not partnered up yet so I can take them as my partner instead.

But, no. Literally everyone got into pairs and Nate and I were the only ones left that have not sat together yet. I was dead set on not going over to his place because why the hell should I?

He did not make a move to come over either so it was just us sharing glances back and forth between the front and us.

"Miss Prescott and Mr Jacobs, I suggest you two to get partner up now."

I groaned internally while remaining my cool and walked over to where Nate was and took a seat beside him.

I plopped myself down onto the chair with my legs spread open like a man. I was well aware that few pairs of eyes were on me with the way I just sat down but who gives a shit.

In front of us lay a sheet of paper with a list of tasks that we were supposed to tick on the box. We were briefed on this partnership and apparently, it wasn't any ordinary task.

Those tasks had numbers calculated beside the box with each of them determining our overall results which contributed to our grades.

With how low my grades were recently, I needed this task to boost up my grades to remain in my average GPA. I can't afford to have my grades drop any lower—in fact, I was even hoping it will gradually improve.

"We can start from the simplest ones first." He said with a grunt.

"I'm fine with that."

I went through thoroughly with each of our tasks and the ones with lower marks were the easy tasks. As the task gets harder, the marks gets higher too.

The easiest ones in the list was to get to know our partner since it does not require any form of trust.

I'm not going to put any of my trust in Nate Jacobs because let's be real; every person knows he's not to be trusted. There were too many red flags for him to be trusted and for someone to get close with.

The further of a gap between us, the better.

"Let's start with the Q&A first." He said while pointing at the task list.

I nodded. "What is your full name?" I read off the question from the task given since there were already five of them made for us.