Chapter 1

"Will you recognize me if I change a body every day?"

Brett raised an eyebrow but still didn't turn his head towards Eddy, concentrating on his phone.

"Like, my soul is still the same, but my body changes..." Eddy felt the need to explain his question a bit more.

They're on their way back to the dorm, while Eddy just got off the plane not too long ago. From his trip to New York with his sister and mum.

Brett's usually fairly indulgent to Eddy's questions, but this question really is out of nowhere. Also, it's not like he will know the answer.

"Dunno." He added a shrug to emphasize, not to make Eddy feel like he wasn't paying attention.

"Humph"

While Eddy is doing his little pout plus thinking face. Brett takes the time to ponder the question, trying to figure out a better answer for later if he asks again. After not seeing each other for a week, he doesn't mind giving Eddy some more attention.

And it's not like he has anything better to think about at the moment.

Eddy didn't ask again, however.

§§§

"Ahhh, I'm sooo tired...." As soon as they entered their shared dorm, Eddy threw himself onto the couch in the common area.

"Go shower, you lazy ass!" Brett gave Eddy's ass a not-so-gentle smash.

"Just five miniiiizz..." Some muffled sound came from the direction of Eddy's face.

Brett is taking Eddy's bags from the door, where he dropped them back in his room. Seeing Eddy's state, he decides to be extra nice today.

"I'll put your clothes in the laundry for you. Just go shower."

"Umk...."

When Brett returned from the laundry room, he was glad to hear water running from the bathroom door.

In his hands are a few things, besides the empty bag carrying the laundry initially. There are a few coins, a mix of AUD and USD, a receipt, and a book.

"How come a book can be put into a bunch of unwashed clothes..." Brett muttered to himself.

It seems like Eddy bought the book at the airport because Brett doesn't remember seeing Eddy having the book before, also because of the receipt from the airport.

He didn't look at the receipt record though, just put all the things on Eddy's desk in his room and left.

§§§

A week passed and when the question Brett was waiting for still hasn't come, he became a little restless. Also because he wasn't seeing Eddy enough to talk to him.

There's some rustling outside, coming with an "Ah, shit!"

"What is Eddy doing out there this early..." Brett sits up and grabs his glasses. It's almost 9, which is fine for Brett's waking time, even during summer break, but not for Eddy.

When Brett opens his door, all he is left with is a lock of dark hair sprinting out of the front door. Eddy is gone like a whirlwind.

Brett sighs, another morning without catching Eddy.

§§§

Gone through his morning routines, Brett goes to the kitchen to fetch some food. At first, he didn't notice; it was very unremarkable after all. But there's a notebook on the dining table.