Chapter Sixteen

Hey lovelies, sorry, I'm slowly, but surely trying to get the periods between my updates closer together... lol I hope you like it! Comment comment comment and Vote if you like. :)

Sorry if there are mistakes, I should really invest in an editor because I'm horrible at catching my own mistakes! lol

Chapter Sixteen

After sleeping away most of Sunday because I was up so late, I decide that I might as well spend the rest of the day lounging around. Tomorrow's Monday, I'll try to put more effort into my mood and appearance when it matters.

"Are you planning on moving at any time today?" Brian questions, plopping down on the opposite end of the couch.

I stare at the TV, watching Breakfast at Tiffany's for probably the millionth time in my life. I decided to switch it up, rather than starting a whole new show on Netflix, I'm sticking to movies for a while. "Brian, is this conversation going anywhere, or are you interrupting George Peppard just to piss me off?"

"You've been on the couch for like six hours," Brian states.

"Five and a half," I correct.

Brian chuckles. "Sorry, my mistake," he pauses. "Look, things have been weird lately, I just wanted to call a truce," he says. "I'm an asshole."

"I haven't been the most supporting sister either," I admit. "Also, I'd really appreciate if you didn't go around threatening to beat the shit out of people."

"He talked to you?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes, Brian, he was actually quite amused by you, evidently you're not very intimidating. So please just stay out of it, I know what I'm doing." What am I saying? I'm stuck in the middle of an outrageous shit storm, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.

"Why are you even wasting your time with him?"

I shrug. "He apologized."

Brian rolls his eyes. "Oh well now every thing's fixed and he's a good person," he remarks sardonically.

"Look, nothing's even going on, okay? I was with Sam all last night. I like Sam, Sam likes me," I tell him.

"Yeah, that's the part that makes me nervous; Sam likes you. You're constantly back and forth with guys, Sam's one of my good friends, I don't want to see him heartbroken anymore than I want to see you heartbroken," Brian confesses.

"Brian, I'm really trying to be a better person and the last thing I want to do is hurt Sam, so just trust me on this," I assure him.

He nods. "Well, as long as you're doing this whole better person thing, do you think you could patch things up with Jenna?" He asks. "She's afraid to talk to you."

I roll my eyes. "Am I really that scary?"

"Have you seen what you look like right now?" Brian laughs, standing up from the couch. "People are coming over, you might want to make yourself presentable. Mom and dad aren't supposed to be back until tomorrow, I'm seizing the opportunity," he says.

I groan. "But it's Sunday, Brian. I want to be lazy and look ugly," I call out as he leaves the room.

"Well you've accomplished that!" he shouts back.

I laugh, shaking my head. I love how he says that people are coming over. Before long, it'll turn into a party. Great. I'm just going to state it right now that I'm totally not drinking. Absolutely no alcohol for me. Josh probably isn't the only one with a slight drinking problem. I only say that because I drink for all the wrong reasons. Once you start using it to fill a void, rather than just doing it for fun, that's when it becomes a problem. I refuse to let it get that far. Unlike Josh, I think I possess a little self-control.