Chapter Twenty-One

HEY GUYS! Sorry it took a little longer, I'm so close to wrapping this up completely. You get a little more insight on Sam in this one!

If you're looking for a little something to read until the next chapter (hopefully next week) check out may newest addition Take Me Higher. It's also on Radish.

Thanks for reading!!❤️

Chapter Twenty-One

Hayley opens the front door with a wine cooler clutched in one hand. I need one of those stat. I should've told Sam the truth about what happened with Brody, I think he was skeptical about my bracelet story.

Only two more weeks and once the baseball season's over, I won't hesitate to tell Sam if Brody doesn't back off. It's not like I actually feel threatened by Brody, but those were definitely his intentions.

Sam follows in behind me, carrying the bag of snacks. I probably went a little overboard when it came to picking out junk food. I have a weakness for candy so I hope the rest of the girls do too.

"The guys are outback, Sam, I think they're almost done grilling," Hayley informs him and once we reach the kitchen, she motions for the sliding glass door that leads outside.

With the kitchen being clustered by other girls, Sam takes the hint. He drops a quick kiss on my cheek and passes the bag off to me.

I distract myself by digging through the items, feeling nothing but eyes on me. "Sour Patch Kids, anyone?" I say awkwardly. It's like when I'm not going out of my way to be a snarky bitch, I get extremely self conscious.

Hayley holds out a wine cooler to me and I'm all too greedy to crack it open. I wonder if her and Tommy talked about the incident with Brody earlier. I hope they don't plan on telling anybody, I definitely wouldn't want it getting back to Sam. I'd much rather tell him myself.

"We were all just talking about making cute shirts for the last game, or something like that," Hayley informs me.

I nod along in approval, shoving candy in my mouth. The rest of the girls start talking about different shirt ideas while I try to figure out the names of all these girls.

Obviously Jenna and Hayley are here, I don't know about the other four. Evidently they know me, judging by the blatant distaste they have for me.

I'm not sure who's dating who, but I know I've hooked up with a few guys on the baseball team. I understand where they're coming from. Part of me is thankful that Sam hasn't had sex, I'd feel exactly how these girls must feel being in the same room with a girl who probably fooled around with their boyfriend.

I'm sure it also feels shitty for Sam too. I gulp down my sour candy chasing them with weak alcohol, the severity of my actions crashing into me.

"You okay?" Hayley nudges me.

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"Did you tell Sam?" she asks quietly so the other girls won't hear.

I shake my head. "I'm really not trying to start anything. My brother has already lectured me about starting drama."

"Brittany, what happened with Brody was not drama. He put his hands on you."

"Did something like that happen with you?"

Her shoulders shrug. "He would just get overly possessive, he never hit me or anything. I didn't want to mention it in front of Tommy," Hayley explains. "Also, I'm pretty sure your brother wouldn't mind Sam getting a hold of Brody for what happened earlier."