Chapter Three.

The Boyfriend Borrower.

Chapter Three.

Thursday finally rolls around and I walk into homeroom considerably early. This means that I get to take my pick at which seat I sit in. For the last three days I have been sitting in front of Brielle and the Two Skanks. The whole time I overheard them talking about Brielle's sister Jill and her boyfriend. That's not even the most boring part. They went into a long gossip-discussion about how Jill's boyfriend is a jerk and his new step-mom is a whore. Or at least that's the bits and pieces that I caught on to. I don't mean to listen, believe me; I don't. But you can't help, but hear what's only right behind you. I think that it's silly for them to waste so much time talking about what other people do in their lives. Get over it.

About ten minutes before the bell rings a girl that looks about my age sits own in the empty seat in front of me. I don't think I've seen her before, she probably just transferred classes or something. You'd be surprised at how many students I don't know, or don't care to know are at this school. Whoever she is, I bet she can't be any worse than Brielle.

Suddenly the girl turns around to me. "Excuse me, I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but do you know where Biology with Shearin is?" the girls asks me.

I nod. I guess she is new, because every girl knows where Mr. Shearin's room is and that's not an understatement. "Yeah, it's upstairs, in the other hallway all the way at the end," I tell her.

"Great," she sighs sarcastically. "I'm Jenna," she tells me.

"Brittany," I reply, nicely. "I can walk you to Mr. Shearin's room, if you want?" I offer. "What period do you have it?"

"Next. That would be aweso-"

"What are you doing in my seat?" Skank One asks Jenna.

Jenna looks at her, then at her seat, and back at Skank One. "Well, as you can probably see; I'm sitting. Why don't you go do the same over there," Jenna points to a seat in the corner of the room.

I stifle a laugh as Skank One walks by, cussing us out under her breath.

"I think that you're the only normal person that I've met at this school," Jenna admits, laughing. "All of them look like her," she gestures at Courtney.

"Yeah, it's best to just hang around the guys, they're less dramatic. Sometimes," I laugh.

"Tell me about it," Jenna agrees.

I sigh. "Well, welcome to Beverly Hills; the land of infidelity."

After homeroom, I walk next Jenna as we push and shove our way down the hall. I don't really know much about her, besides the fact that she's from Seattle, which definitely has to be a drastic life change.

"You're in for a treat," I tell Jenna. "Mr. Shearin is the only reason most girls like Biology," I giggle.

As we reach Mr. Shearin's room, I can see him standing outside in the hall, watching other students to make sure that they get to their classes. Mr. Shearin is far too good looking to be a teacher. He doesn't look like a dress-shirt and red tie type of guy.

"Are all of the guy teachers as hot as him?" Jenna asks me.

I laugh. "He's the only exception," I whisper back to her, as we approach him. "Hi, Mr. Shearin, this is your new student, Jenna..." I trail off, not knowing her last name.

"Campbell," Jenna fills in.

"Nice to meet you, Jenna," Mr. Shearin says, giving her a welcoming smile, then looks at me. "Miss Malene, are you planning on showing up to my class today?" he asks me, being a smartass.