Chapter 1 - How it all started

Dancing has always been apart of my life, My mother used to say I danced before I could walk, the steps are therapeutic almost. With ballet everything is smooth and in order, you know what's going to happen next, what you and the people around you will do, no surprises, to you anyway. The audience has no clue what's going to happen next, its like your own little secret. Rehearsal ended an hour ago but I stay late to practice, twirling in the empty studio, the only sound being from my own feet and shoes.

"Hey Zee?" a voice calls from the door

"Yeah?" I respond, stopping to look and to catch my breath. The voice comes from Ms. Cohen, the instructor for the 10 - 12 advanced class. She was always my favourite teacher, kind, but still strict enough to get things done.

"I need to lock up so don't forget anything in here, the doors will lock behind you when you leave" 

"Yep, I know the drill" We do this almost every dance night, She leaves 30 minutes before I do, and an hour after my current Instructor, after that its just me and the janitor, and sometimes    Mr. Ballow the 16 - 18 Advanced Ballroom Instructor, He's nice but always smells like coffee.

"I'll see you tomorrow night Zee, Keep it up" She smiles before locking the door and heading out, adjusting her earbuds in her ears as she goes.

My water sits at the other end of the room and as i walk over i catch a glance of myself in the mirror, my bun has come slightly askew, but nobodies here so I leave it. My Hair seems to glimmer in the light, making it appear even lighter that it is. The natural almost white hair seems weird, but, it suits me, and makes me a bit different from everyone else. I wipe my brow and take a small sip, I don't have much left. 

As I'm about to put the cap back on the ground rumbles and I drop it, spilling what little water I had left all over the ground and myself.

Why did the ground rumble like that? Is something happening in the basement? Nobody ever uses the basement, What could be going on down there?

I quickly wipe myself up and throw my stuff in my bag and slipping on my sweatpants and my boots instead of the skirt and ballet shoes. Throwing my duffel over my shoulder and leaving the mirrored studio behind. 

The rough concrete stairs to the basement are probably the oldest thing in the building, i peak around the corner halfway down the stairs just in time to see a boulder come flying across the room at me. I duck and dive back up the stairs, as I hear it crash through the wall I was just hiding behind.

What is happening down here???

I risk a peak out again against my better judgement and see a face I'd have to go blind to not recognise,

Dick??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey i hope you enjoyed chapter one!

Just a little look into who Zee is and some bits about her like and just how she is, because its always important to learn about your protagonist

i will try and post at least once a week but like i said, i am a high school student with a very one track mind so i may forget please forgive me if i do :)

Have a great day!