Chapter 4 - This cant be real

That can't actually be Dick, can it? I mean, I knew he was lying about family stuff, but I didn't think he was secretly Robin. I knew he had a secret, but that's one hell of a secret.

A large rock hurling toward my face brings me back to reality, "agh-" I cover my mouth quickly stopping myself from drawing more attention my way. Just before the boulder hits me it gets pushed to the side, a hard gust of water pushing it to the side. I look back at the battle field below me, six kids my age and a bit older are up against four massive strong looking guys who must be some sort of bad guys, but despite the numbers advantage, the good guys seem to be struggling.. A few of the 'good guys' I recognise, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and of course Robin. But there's a few I don't, a girl with long blonde hair dressed like a green arrow rip off, a green girl who looks like Martian man hunter, and a guy in jeans. Something is happening, the atmosphere changes a slight bit, 'Robin' turns his head over and we make eye contact, I think, I can't see his eyes through that small mask he has on. He comes running over and before I know it he's beside me. 

"Its not safe for you here, lets get you out of here." He says in a hushed voice, as if he doesn't know me. 

"Yeah, its dangerous I can see that dic-" I start to whisper back but he cuts me off,

"You have the wrong person, lets go." He tugs at my arm and I reluctantly follow him up

"Fine, but tell me what's going on 'robin'" I add air quotes around robin with my vacant hand. We get up to the main hall and he pulls me to the side.

"What you just saw down there was a secret, you didn't see anything, ok?" Its weird to see him acting all serious, normally he's very chill.

"Ok I wont tell anyone, but what is going on down there D?  I knew you had secrets, but I didn't know that that secret was that you were actually cool?" 

"Go home Z-" He stops, realizing he messed up he hurriedly gets up to leave, but I pull him back down.

"HA!" I tease, punching him in the arm. "I do not have the wrong person and I'm not crazy."

"Ow!" He sighs and quickly looks around him, "Ok fine, But for real Zee, go home, and don't tell anyone." He pauses, "You know what, forget you saw anything." 

"So I find out, my bestfriend of almost five years is actually a super hero, and you want me to go home like nothing happened." I adjust my duffle on my shoulder.

"I- I have to get back. Please. We'll talk later, trust me." He gets up from his crouched position and turns to leave back for the basement. he turns back and gives a reassuring smile

"I'll always trust you." I smile back. He runs for the basement, presumably joining the battle again. I get up and run toward the door, he'll hear my foot steps leaving. But I don't leave, I have to help him. First I have to digest this conversation. My best friend, the short stubborn kid I know so well, works with Batman, or does he work for him? Is it considered work, cause is he paid? or is it considered volunteer work? Would 'superheroing' be a good source of volunteer hours on a resume? Anyway time to go help my batman accomplice friend.

I gently drop my duffel and head down the stairs. Its quieter than it was, I peak around the corner. One of the bad guys is tied up to a pole and the other three lay unconscious around him. I guess they don't need help, they dealt with them quickly. Maybe I should go like I said I would, this was a mistake, I don't know what I expected to do to help these clearly trained individuals.

I grab the wooden railing beside me to get up.

Creak

Crap, I look back and see all six of the heroes looking at me this time. Whelp, its all or nothing now as I was just caught in a lie. I smile and hop down the stairs carefully, trying to seem as unthreatening as possible, I don't want to end up like the men on the floor.

"Hello there, Secret team of junior heroes." I wave and smile. I don't get any response and they just exchange glances between each other with varying facial expressions, as if communicating telepathically or something. Aqualad is the first one to break the silence on their end.

"I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to see any of this. I do hope you are ok." He eyes me up and down, as if assessing any potential threat level, a level that is currently low, towards them anyway.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just needed to check this out and see if you needed help, and you don't so I suppose I  should head out." I say. Kid flash comes running towards me, I knew he was fast but it is cool seeing it for myself.

"Its kind you think you could help, but what could you do?" He asks, I can tell he's trying not to be condescending, and i have thick skin, so I shrug off the potential insult and think of it as curiosity. 

"Wouldn't you like to know." I joke. "Anyway, I got the whole 'don't tell anyone' speech from boy wonder over there already. May I be excused?" Kid Flash backs away followed by another long silence. I hope the Martian Manhunter looking girl isn't reading my mind right now, that would be creepy, if she was reading my mind she would hear that, if you are reading my mind, uhh, sorry for calling you creepy I guess.

"Please, stay, just so we can talk to you for a bit." Aqualad speaks again. He doesnt look very old, maybe 17, but he speaks so proper he may as well be 60.

"Sure. Just don't kill me I guess." They stand in another silence. "That was a joke, you guys don't kill kids right? You are all pretty much kids yourself." Aqualad goes to open his mouth again but a loud groan captures our attention. One of the passed out bad guys has gotten up, and he is not happy. He picks up a large boulder that's laying by him and throws it across the room, hard. and its coming directly toward me. 

"Oh please, we are having a conversation right now, wait your turn." I yell, Raising my hands, I can save myself this time. The boulder freezes in mid air.  "Its rude to interrupt." I flick my wrists to the side and the rock goes flying to the left of us all. I bring my arm back and fling it forward, a hard blast of air pushes him onto the ground, knocking him out once again. "Wait your turn."

"Woahhhhh..." A voice comes from behind me, I turn and the team is staring at me in awe. I show an awkward smile.

"Now we definitely need to talk"

~~~~~~~

Hi! Sorry this chapter was like twice as long. But a lot has happened, in this chapter.

What do you guys think of Zees powers? (Though ;) that's not quite all)

What will happen next?

Also I got bored earlier today and i drew a picture of Zee, If i can find a way to upload it on my computer would you all like to see it? or would you just want to imagine her yourself? 

Don't be afraid to comment or leave me tips, questions or advice, I'm always looking to improve as a writer and story teller.

Until I post again, have a great day :)