Chapter 3 - We can all have secrets, right?

I push my hair out of my face that must have fallen onto my face during my nap. When school starts back up I will have to fix my wake-up-early-to-run-then-take-a-nap-until-2 sleep schedule. I roll over to sit up and hang my feet off my bed, small sunlight streaming through the curtains, beams of light stretch across the room. Time to properly get up now unfortunately, I think to myself as I walk over to my closet grabbing a pair of baggy black jeans, dark blue t-shirt and my favourite grey and blue sweater. I'm still in my work out clothes, so I change into the new clean set of clothes and toss the old ones into my laundry bin across the room.

The bathroom is just down the hallway by my brothers room, the doors agar and I can see the mess of him packing up his belongings to move out in a week and into a new apartment just down the road. I brush my just above waist length hair out, I have to retie my bun later for dance anyway but may as well make it as neat as it can be for now. I brush my teeth and apply a small amount of mascara, The dark mascara makes my light brown eyes look pretty. The small upward crescent shaped scar a bit below my right eye catches my attention, normally I can ignore it  and it seams almost as if it isn't there. I have no idea where it came from, as far as I know its always been there. 

"Hey Zee, come here for a sec" My brothers familiar raspy voice echo's from his room.

"What do you want loser" I call back, already on my way across the hallway, I elbow the door open all the way and lean against the frame, crossing my arms.

"You're small, can you get that book from under the bed, I just noticed it, an I'm to big to crawl under the bed to get it." He asks/tells me. 

"Normally I'd tell you to do it yourself but cause your leaving I'll get it for you, but I am not crawling on the floor." I answer lifting my arm, but he interrupts me before I can finish.

"Zee, What did mom always tell you about that." He looks at me somewhat sternly, but its hard to ever take his face seriously.

"Don't be lazy, do it yourself." I mock back at him, making quotes in the air with my hands and rolling my eyes. "In that case," stand up properly and start to leave, turning my head around and giving him a small smirk. "Do it yourself Zan." 

"Woooooow, Real mature." He calls, sticking his head back out his door as I back away.

"I'm 13, don't expect me to be." I joke back at him and my phone buzzes from the table in my room, I check it to see a text from Dick.

"Sorry, I have to cancel on the park, Family stuff again." The message reads beside a picture of him holding a batman action figure in 6th grade that I have set as his profile picture. I quickly type out on the small electronic  keys. "don't be sorry, families are complicated its not your fault. ttys?" I still feel like he doesn't tell me everything, even after all these years. But I'm not mad he has secrets, I do to, and secrets are something that I think, are important. They can keep you sane, or, they can do the opposite.

~~~~~~~~~

Hi! That is it for this chapter, sorry they are so short. I like to keep them short and sweet, its easier for my attention span if i write them shorter I find.

What do you think Zees secret is? Cause i know what it is... cause I made her up... and gave her the secret... haha...

Until next time :)