Chapter 5 - The Covert Ops

This night has gone completely different than I thought it would, I expected to do some extra dance practice, go home, have a shower, and read a mystery novel. Instead, I'm in a martin space ship with a team of super heroes taking me to their secret base in a different area of the country.

"Your powers are pretty cool." The Martian girl, Ms. Martian, says from the drivers seat in the middle.

"Thanks." It feels weird having people complement my powers, mostly because that's something only may family knows about, until now anyway. I look over to where Robin is sitting, I do feel bad about lying to him all these years, not telling him about my powers. He thought he knew everything about me, and he did for the most part.  

"So is your hair white because of your earth-slash-air powers?" Kid Flash asks, he talks fast, but so do I.

"I'm not sure, maybe, I don't know a lot about my powers, or my hair." I answer fiddling with the small strands that fell out of my at this point very messy bun. "And they aren't earth-slash-air powers" 

"What do you mean, telekinesis then, cause Ms. Martian can do that to. And I think your hair looks cool white."

"No, not telekinesis. More like, earth-slash-air-slash-water-slash-fire powers" I answer. "And thanks. Most people just say its weird." I wonder when we are going to get to wherever we are going. 

"Wow you can do all four elements, that is so cool. What are you best at?" Kid flash asks, bombarding me with questions, but I don't really mind. At least he wants to talk to me, the air in this alien spaceship is mildly uncomfortable.

"Kid, Stop asking the girl so many questions, we don't even know if we can trust her." Artemis, green arrows new apprentice says.

"Why are we even taking her, this place is supposed to be secret for a reason isn't it." The boy in jeans, who is Superboy, I still don't get that one.

"We are following direct orders from Batman." Robin replies, trying to distance himself.

"Its so weird that after all this time you are actually that close with batman." I think aloud to myself.

"Yeah and its weird that after all this time you had powers." He replies, I know he's upset i was hiding it from him, but he was hiding things from me to, so he doesn't get to be mad.

"Wait, 'After all this time?' Do you two know each other?" Artemis says what everyone is probably thinking from what we just said.

"Uh..." I look over at robin, and what I can see from his expression he's trying to tell me to say as little as possible about him. Which I get, secret identity and all. "Yeah. We were both the new kids in fourth grade and nobody wanted to be friends with us, so we became friends with each other, frankly I'm surprised he has other friends outside of school. Oh! Those new not-school friends who he went to the beach with must be you guys, right?" I stop myself from talking anymore, I don't want to annoy these people anymore than I seem to have.

"Robin do you have a secret girlfriend?" Kid flash teases.

"Ew no gross." Both me and Robin say, practically at the same time.

"On that note, we are almost here, we should blind fold- uh what's your name again?" Ms. Martian interrupts the conversation.

"Zee" I smile, "That's my name."

"This will just be on for a little while, Zee" Aqualad says holding out a blindfold, I nod and he slips it over my eyes making the world go dark. We fly for a bit longer in silence and I feel the ship start to land, lower than I thought the ground was from us. 

"You can take that off now." An unfamiliar voice says from beside me, startling me as i had no idea where anything was. I take my blindfold off and prepare for sharp light, but instead its still dark, and even more dark is the outfit of the man standing in front of me. "We need to talk" Batman says, Pointing to the door of the ship. He has a very strict presence, its a very similar feeling as to when the principal would come get you from class, but more intimidating. I hesitantly follow him down the stairs of the ship and into a large cave.

"Uh, where are we?" I ask. "Mr. Batman" I add, i should probably lend some respect to him, cause he's like, THE Batman.

"That is something you don't need to know as of yet." He replies, his voice is gruff and deep, maybe he should drink some water, it sounds like it would be better for his voice. I can hear the rest of the, what i assume to be a team, get off the ship and go their separate ways, I look back at them and get a reassuring thumbs up from Kid flash, and a smile from Robin. I follow the hooded Batman into a small room just off the hallway we were in, he closes the door behind us and turns on the lights, its not just me and him in here. Martian Manhunter, Black canary and red tornado also stand there in waiting... in the dark, for dramatic effect maybe, the justice league seems to have some flair for the dramatic. 

"Lets get right to the point, you weren't supposed to see everything back there." Batman starts off. "We wouldn't do this under normal circumstances, but i am told you helped them."

"Well I don't think I helped necessarily, maybe a little bit, after one of the muscly guys got up. Who were those guys anyway?" I ask, scanning the room at the heroes in front of me whom ive only seen on tv. 

"Unimportant. We have a proposal for you." Black canary speaks. From the television I never realised that she is actually really pretty.

"Either, you go back, to your normal life, you never tell anyone about what you saw, and you stop contact with Dick Greyson." Batman starts from behind me. 

"Or," Martian Manhunter finishes, "We train you to use your powers efficiently to their full potential, and you join the covert ops team." 

"So my options are, abandon my best friend. Or become a superhero." I joke, laughing to myself, being responded with only stares from the adults in the room with me. I sigh with a smile, "Lets get training I guess."

Batman opens the door and starts to leave , indicating with his hand for me to follow him, so I do. We walk down the hallway and it opens into a common space, a few couch's laying about with the members of this 'covert ops team' impatiently waiting on and around them.

"Team," Batman speaks. "Let me introduce you to the newest member of the Covert Ops unit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI!! We just hit 100 veiws!! im happy so many people are interested in my story. You may notice a drawing at the beginning (Done by yours truly) That is how Zee looks in her everyday outfit, i am working on another drawing of her, and ill try and put any drawings i do of her to the beginning of the chapters.

So this chapter isn't suuuuuuper eventful as the last one was but it is INCREDIBLY important, for all the reasons.

I finished this chapter just after i wrote a 7 paragragh essay (FOR GYM!!) in an hour, be proud of me hehe :)

I hope you enjoyed and once again, please feel free to give any advice or ask me any questions u have, i am always looking to improve ;)