Chapter 2

-Steve's perspective-

   I knew his name. Maybe this time, he'd stop for me. I mean we're in band together. He seems like a cool dude. I'd really enjoy to have him in my friend group.

     As I talked with Robin through the yells of Mike and Will, I could feel someone's eyes on me. As I looked around, my eyes caught with Eddie's.

     He hurried and looked away. But it was too late. He was looking at me. This was my opening. I patted Robin on the shoulder and started to head over to Eddie who was now hitting the drums close to him.

    "Hey. I'm Steve" I held my hand out for him to take.

     Eddie looked up from the cymbals on the drums to make eye contact with me with what looked to be a nervous smile.

    The bell rang and he quickly grabbed his backpack off of the floor and booked it out the door. He...has a tendency of running from social situations...doesn't he?

     I sighed and looked over at Robin. She pointed towards the door and mouthed "chase after him then"

    She was absolutely right. If I wanted this friendship to become a thing, I needed to break those barriers he's creating for himself. I mean, I'm a good guy. Everyone wants to be my friend...right?

    I grabbed onto my backpack as well and started to book it down the hall after him. "Eddie! Wait up!"

   When I said his name, he turned his head towards me with wide eyes and somehow started running even faster.

    Too bad this isn't a sports school...he'd be a shoe in for track and field.

    I tried my best to catch up as I saw him slow down and go into a classroom. I got him. He's in a club.

    I was able to book it to the door before Eddie squinted at me, shook his head, and closed the door in my face.

   Did he...really not like me? I hadn't done anything to him...I'll try and talk to him after practice. I'm sure his club will end when practice does.

   I sighed and walked over to my locker that was relatively close by to place my backpack in. Today wasn't a singing type of day. It was choreography. And I didn't need my sheet music for that.

    I heard the sound of a rough squeak of a tennis shoe come from behind me, as I turned around, I saw Robin with a smile. "Did ya catch him?"

    I shook my head as I closed my locker. "He's fast."

    Robin laughed a little before shaking her head in return. "Maybe this is a friendship you just can't make, Steve."

    "I'm not accepting that until he tells me it to my face. Until then...he's shy and he sucks at communicating." I slowly put my hands in my pockets and gave her a small smile.

    Robin continued to walk towards the buses but turned her head towards me "Good luck with that. I have to go."

    I nodded as I made my way over to the choir room. I could hear them talking from all the way down the hall as per usual.

    As I walked in, I was brought with the sense of familiarity. It was exactly how I'd expect it. The risers still in tact but creaky as usual. The usual two kids harmonizing with each other in the corner. Mrs. Bingham playing different notes on the piano to anyone who asked for help with parts.

    Choir...the one thing I can count on to always be predictable.

   "Alright" Mrs. Bingham clapped her hands to grab everyone's attention. "Numbers. Go."

    Every number was being called out one by one. Due to there only being 24 of us (6 in each part), it was just simpler this way for role call.

   "15!" I shouted out as I lifted my hand.

    As we got to the number 24, I was shocked that everyone was here. So was Mrs. Bingham. "Perfect! Let's get started, shall we?"

    The choreography wasn't that hard to learn. It had the majority of the same steps as usual. Hands up shake jazz hands was always something I knew was coming...but I couldn't focus.

    Mrs. Bingham had to constantly put me back on earth. I just couldn't stop thinking of the possibility that someone I haven't even talked to might hate me. No one hates me...not even my exes. Sure it's awkward...that's a given, but...no one hates me.

    As I looked up at the clock, it was already time to go. Mrs. Bingham gave me a lecture on how I should really try to focus on what is being taught. I apologized profusely as I left.

    When I got to the front of the school, Eddie and Mike were saying their goodbyes as he basically rolled his eyes at the man.

    Eddie then got onto the bus that was about to depart. I rushed onto it as well. I needed to talk with him. I could get my car later. I can't have him hating me.

    As I looked around, he was no where to be seen. I looked out the window to see Eddie smiling and waving. The bus was starting to take off.

    He...duped me. And now I'm stuck on this bus.

    I mean...at least I know where it's going due to the intercom. The next stop is close to my house. I sighed before taking the closest seat I could. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar hair cut.

   "Is that you, Will?"

    As he turned towards me, there was tears in his eyes and a frown painted his face.

   "Woah! Hey...what's wrong? Wrong bus?" I hurried and rushed to his side as he nodded in response. "Don't sweat it! I'll help you."

    "You mean it?" He managed to get out through sobs.

    "Of course! I get off at the next stop for my house, so... I should be able to at least give you a ride." I smiled softly before ruffling his hair.

    Although it sucked that I had to leave my car behind, not talk with Eddie, and use my father's car, at least I could help someone that was in a shitty situation too.

    And I mean hey...maybe we can be friends.