Chapter 8

-Eddie's perspective-

   What am I doing? What am I doing? This is insane...this is an insane plan for insane people...but it's already in motion. I can't go back now.

    I felt my leg start to bounce and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to stop.

   I was doing something that freshman year me would have never in a million years even DREAM about. Honestly, I'd kill my future self if anyone even would have implied it.

   I was going to stand up to Steve Harrington. He can drag me down...but the second Will became involved...and the fact that he could lose his scholarship... I couldn't do it. He needed to be put in place.

    We were two bus stops away from the mall, so I started to rehearse what I would say underneath my breath. The classic like "dude you're an idiot" maybe?

   No that's way too forward it should be like "I'm not mad...I'm disappointed."

   No I-

  "Starcourt Mall next stop"

   I'll just... let it pour out of me...yeah. No need for rehearsal or practice...the best words are ones that come from the heart...and I was angry enough to do a monologue.

   Once the bus came to a stop, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and stormed off into the mall. It had been a while since I saw the blinding colors, but that was besides the point.

   I needed to find Steve. And fast. Before I lost the nerve.

    As I turned the corner, I heard his familiar...adorable...laugh. There he was, talking with his friends without a single care in the world.

   I stormed up to them, me and Will making eye contact before the rest of the group did. I crossed my arms before sending them a glare. "I have...something to say."

   The laughing continued. Will tried his best to grab anyone's attention. "Wait...I have something to say."

   The laughing continued even louder. It was like they were purposefully avoiding me. But I had enough. "I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!"

   Steve turned around with the rest of his group with a sigh. "What? What could possibly be-"

  "You're a jerk." I blurted out

   "What did you just say?"

   "I said...YOU'RE A JERK! Everything...is about you. You...You are selfish. And you are...self centered...and you...YOU LIED TO ME. You said you needed me, you don't need ANYONE."

   "Listen, why don't you go and paint your nails or something and just leave Steve alone?" Tommy raised an eyebrow with a stupid smile before stepping between us two.

   "YOU SHUT UP BEFORE I SHOVE MY HAND SO FAR UP YOUR ASS YOU'LL BE A PUPPET."

  "Woah! Eddie! Just...calm down." Steve put his hands out in front of him like he was trying to tame me like a velociraptor in Jurassic Park.