Prologue

Helloooooo everyooooone! So I was looking through some of my old documents and found this old gem so I decided to post it on here.

Hope you enjoy it! ^^

_______________

Downy feathers brushed against my fingertips. My eyes fluttered open; at least I think they did. I could only see darkness.

But then light started to break through.

Then I could see blood in the air.

I gave a small gasp. There was blood everywhere. And feathers. And feathers with blood on them.

Was this my blood? Were these my feathers?

Even if they weren't, then why am I surrounded by all this?

Then I realized I was falling.

I sucked in a breath and tried to flap my wings.

I kept falling.

Panic rose up from my chest. My heart raced, my breaths were ragged and staccato; fear began to pump in my veins. A sense of impending doom filled my whole being.

I opened my mouth to cry for help, but no sound came out.

"Help! Please! Somebody help me!" I begged, even though I knew it was futile. "Someone! Anyone! Help me!"

Don't worry. Don't be afraid.

My heart nearly stopped as I heard a voice speak these words. The voice was detached. It was rough, gravelly, and throaty, but at the same time...comforting.

"Who are you?" I asked. Idiot. I thought. He can't hear you.

I can hear you. The voice reassures.

"Then help me!" I replied.

The voice laughed, melodic and clear. You have a lot to learn, young one.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I can't help you up until you fall.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I am falling!" I retorted.

The voice laughed again. Wait until you hit the ground. I'll be there.

My heart leapt to my throat. "I can't survive this fall! I'm too high up; I'll be crushed!" I let out a sob. "I don't want to die!" I bawled.

What the voice said next would send a shiver down my spine.

You can't die if you're already dead.