Chapter 8 - Will You Take Me?

Mitch's POV

They finally let me out of the hospital after a few months of recovering and recuperating. However, they told me I still need to see a physical therapist regularly.

But then I realized I needed a place to stay.

I thought of moving back in with my parents, but they lived out in Texas, and I had grown closer to Scott Hoying.

He visited me nearly every day.

He would walk in, say hi, and then ask how I was doing.

Sometimes he would bring a deck of cards and teach me how to play card games. Sometimes he would bring me a treat like chocolate or some type of candy.

We would talk until he needed to leave.

I've really gotten to know him these past three months. He and I have become such great friends.

I had forgotten how wonderful it was to have a friend at your side; someone to laugh with, a shoulder to cry in, a confidante. Someone who will always be there for you, no matter what.

I had regained some memories of my parents, but I was creating so many more in my new life with Scott, and... I don't want it to stop.

I knew I wanted to move in with Scott, then I started thinking.

Would Scott even have room for me to stay with him? How can I tell my parents that I'm not going to be with them?

As I was pondering this the day I was released from the hospital, Scott walks in.

"Good morning, Mitch!" He greets with a grin.

I smile back. "Good morning, Scott."

Scott sat in the seat beside my bed. "How are you feeling?"

I sighed. "I cannot wait to get out of here." I replied. "I hate this bed, I hate this hospital smell, I hate cafeteria food, I HATE EVERYTHING." I whined.

Scott laughs. "Well, today's your last day, then you're free!"

"Not really," I sighed, rubbing my eye. "I still have physical therapy. But at least I won't be in this hospital anymore."

"D-do you have a place to stay?" Scott asks.

I shook my head. "Haven't quite thought about that yet..." I lied.

Actually, I thought about it a lot.

"Do you..." Scott began, trailing off.

"Do I...?" I pressed.

"Want to...?"

"Want to...?"

Scott took a deep breath before finishing. "Stay with me until maybe you find your own place?"

I smiled. "I would love that, Scott Hoying."

_____________

This was just kind of a filler chapter, sorry. I'm getting just a teensy bit of writer's block for this story.

But I'll try my best to beat this block and keep updating!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Bai

^ That's my nickname and I'll use that from now on with these A/Ns.

Love y'all! ^^