Chapter 11 - Meeting the Parents

Scott's POV

"Mom, Dad, this is Scott Hoying." Mitch says, holding his arm out in my direction.

I waved timidly, a small smile on my face.

"Hello, Scott!" Mitch's dad boomed, grinning. "I'm Mike." He held out his hand and I shook it.

Mitch's mom, however, pulled me into a hug. "It's so nice to meet you! I'm Nel."

I chuckled as we pulled apart. "Nice to meet you, too, Nel."

I looked over at Mitch, who was smiling and shaking his head.

"Dinner's almost ready," Nel says. "Mitch, honey, you should go ahead and get all your old stuff while dinner's getting done cooking."

"Yes, ma'am," Mitch nodded. "Wanna come with me, Scotty?" He asked, turning to me.

"Scotty?!" Nel exclaimed as if she just saw a puppy. "What an adorable nickname!"

"Yeah, I'll go with you, Mitch." I said.

Mitch chuckled. "Okay. Let's go to my old room."

Mitch led me to a door which led to the downstairs area. "My bedroom is the basement." He explained. "The other room was tiny so I just took the basement instead."

When we had finished our decent and stepped into Mitch's old room, we both looked around with open mouths.

The basement was huge; I could see why Mitch chose this as his bedroom.

On the right side of the room was his bed, which had some old Toy Story sheets on it.

However, there were deadmau5 and anime I couldn't name posters plastered on the wall around it.

On the opposite side was a huge bookcase overflowing with books.

But what impressed me the most was the little recording studio he had set up that took up a large portion of the remaining room area.

There was a little mic on a stand, and a Mac sitting on a stool next to it.

There were stray pieces of paper and beat-up notebooks scattered across the floor.

Mitch grinned. "Seems like just yesterday I was recording covers in there." He said, his eyes sparkling with nostalgia as he picked up a checkered composition notebook.

"This is amazing, Mitch," I marveled as I stood next to him.

Mitch dropped the notebook and went to the Mac, opening it and logging on after a few minutes of trying to recall the password (it was qu33ngra$$i).

He went to the files and found a whole folder labeled 'My Songs.'

Mitch sighed as he went through the files in the folder, shaking his head and chuckling.

"This is probably the best one I've ever done." Mitch smiled, clicking on one.

The file finally loaded and Mitch's gorgeous voice filled the room.

Come all ye fair and tender girls

Who flourish in your prime

Beware

Take care

Keep your garden fair

Let no man steal your thyme

For when your thyme

Is past and gone

He'll care no more for you

And in the place

Where your thyme was waste

He'll spread all o'er with rue

I was speechless. He sounded so beautiful, it was no wonder it was his favorite.

"Wow," I finally said.

Mitch grinned, looking down as he blushed. "Thanks,"

"Boys!" Nel called. "Dinner's ready!"

We both looked at each other and jumped out of our seats, pounding up the stairs.

Nel chuckled, shaking her head as we scrambled and pushed each other in a race to reach the dinner table.

Mitch, unfortunately, won.

Nel set a bowl of pasta in front of us. "Dig in, boys! Y'all are obviously hungry."

And dig in, we did.

After dinner, Mitch and I went back down to his room.

Mitch studied the walls, taking down the deadmau5 and Sailor Moon posters and rolling them up.

He grabs a few books off the shelf and has me hold them as he continues to comb through the countless shelves.

Soon, Mitch had everything he needed all packed up.

We decided to stay with Mitch's parents for the night, then catch a flight back to LA in the morning.

We decided to go down to Mitch's room and sleep there.

Luckily, Mitch's parents had an extra mattress so neither of us had to worry about sleeping on the floor.

It was around 11 o'clock and I was about to fall asleep.

"Hey, Scott," Mitch began. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, keeping my eyes closed.

"I can't sleep."

"Why not?"

"You wouldn't understand. It's complicated."

"Mitch, you know you can tell me anything."

"It's really nothing. You were probably about to fall asleep and I interrupted you. I don't know why I did that."

"It's really no problem, Mitch. I couldn't sleep either."

A sigh. "It's nothing. Just go to sleep, Scott."

"Well I can't now since something's bothering you and you won't tell me."

"It's stupid. Please don't worry about it."

"Of course I'm worried, Mitch. You're my best friend."

"I know, but there's really nothing to be worried about. I guess I'm just sad about leaving my parents after spending such little time with them today."

"We can always stay a bit longer."

"But what about Wyatt?"

"Kirstie's cat-sitting him, remember?"

"Well, isn't he lonely?"

"He's fine, Mitch. We can stay a bit longer if it makes you feel better."

I never got a reply.

I soon heard Mitch's soft snoring and smiled a little.

He deserved more sleep after all this.

______________

Sorry this was terrible y'all but I figured I should update since I haven't done that since like June or July.

I've been going through some personal stuff and then school started and I just haven't had time.

Sorry about not updating and sorry this is terrible.

Byyyyye