A Bad Day

Maddie's POV

"Alright, girls. The group dance this week is called Stolen. It is about these girls who are kiddnapped, and eventually escape. It's kind of dark, and I will be bringing in a boy, to be the kidnapper. I will also be bringing in a boy to be the policeman who finds you. Ladies, please welcome Nick and Josh!" Yay! I love dancing with Nick, and Josh is practically a big brother to me! We all ran over and gave them hugs. "Now, there will also be two duets, and four solos. The first duet will be Chloe and Josh, and you two will be doing a song called The Perfect Match. It's comtemparary, and it's about two kids falling in love. The other duet will be Maddie and Mackenzie, and it will be a lyrical/contemparary piece caled I've Got Your Back. It's about two sisters, and that they always have each other's backs. The solos will be Brooke, Paige, Mackenzie, and Chloe. Now, moms, you are dissmissed, girls, let's start working on the group number."

We stretched, and worked on the group routine. It was kind of creepy, but we did it pretty well. After, Mackenzie and I stayed in Studio A to work on our duet. It was cute, and fun, not the kind of numbers I'm used to doing. I struggled a bit, and Abby yelled at me. I kept going, and eventually got it. I went into the dancer's den, and pulled out my Algebra II textbook. I had a test tomorrow, and I wasn't going to flunk it. Mackenzie sat next to me, pulling out her MacBook Pro, to finish a paper. Paige sat across the room, head buried in a Spanish textbook. Kendall was texting someone, probably Tate, her boyriend, while reading a book for Literature class. Brooke sat next to Nick, holding his hand, while they finished their Chemistry homework. I remembered when the girls and I set them up.

****FLASHBACK****

2 YEARS AGO...

Nick walked into Paige and Brooke's house, holding a beach towel, and wearing a navy blue Holister shirt, with forest green swintrunks. All of the girls and I hugged him, glad to see him again. Brooke hung back, however, and I knew why. She ahd a HUGE crush on him, and Nick had a crush on her. Paige, Chloe and I had a plan. We all swam for a while, and then we went into the living room, deciding to play truth or dare. It was Paige, Chloe, Brooke, Mackenzie, Nick, Mikey, Josh, and me. I smiled, as brooke told Paige to ask first.

"Ok, Brooke, truth or dare?" Paige asked.

"Dare." Brooke answered.

"I dare you to kiss Nick as long as you can without breathing."

Brooke smiled, and leaned into Nick. They kissed far a long time, and then Nick asked her out.

We all awwwwed, and Brooke said yes. Chloe, Paige, and I fist bumped each other, secretly.

****BACK TO PRESENT TIME****

I smiled, thinking of the memory, and then my phone buzzed. I looked at it, and was glad I had set a timer for me to know when I had ballet. I ran into the class, glad I was just on time. I wasn't feeling myself today, though. I couldn't hit the turns I usually did in my sleep. I couldn't hit my relevé in third, something I have been able to do since I was six! I  walked out of class, mad. I was a perfectionist, and not doing something right wasn't going to happen. I abandoned the rest of my school work, and went into Studio D, and did ballet for the next two hours. At seven, I ran into tap, and again, wasn't able to hit my simple 6 piroettes. My tap teacher, Gianna, excused me after only half an hour, because I was beating myself up too much. I went up to the viewing room, and sat next to my mom.

"What's the matter, Mads? Aren't you supposed to be in tap?"

"Ya, but Gianna kicked me out." I started crying, "A-and in ballet, I couldn't even hit my re-relevé!" I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Honey, it's ok. Everyone has bad days." She kissed the top of my head, and started rubbing my back.

"Ya, Mads, don't beat yourself up! You're an amazing dancer, don't let this bug you." Christi said, trying to make me feel better. I took a shaky breath. 

"Do you want to go home?" My mom asked. I nodded, and she told me to get my things ready. I packed up my dance bag, and backpack, but not without soemone noticing me. Paige ran over to me, even though she was supposed to go work on her solo.

"Mads, what's wrong?" She asked, handing me my jacket and pants.

"I-it's no-nothing." I said, shakily.

"No, it's not. You never cry!"

"It's just that I'm having a bad day."

"It's ok, Mads, don't feel bad! Everyone has bad days, trust me, I should know, I have a lot more bad days than anyone on this team!" She said, giving me a quick hug, before running into Studio A. I went out to my mom's car, wear she was waiting. We drove home, me crying the rest of the way. 

When I got home, I took a nice, hot bath. I changed into bright blue Aeropostale capri sweat pants, and a white t shirt that had Just Dance in blue letters across the front. I snuggled up in my bed, pulling the comforters up to my chin, and turned on the TV. When I checked my phone, I saw about a dozen texts.

Kendall K: R u ok? Paigey told me you left, where r u?

Chlobird: Wher r u? I miss my maddie!

Brookie Cookie: Mads, don't feel bad, everyone has bad days, I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow. 

Paigey Mack: Mads, get some sleep, and don't feel bad. Everyone has bad days.

Kenzie Boo: Mads, feel better, I know it's tough, but you can push thru it! Everyone has bad days.

Mom: Maddie, I will be home at about 10 with Kenz, feel better, and I know you are a great dancer! Love you! <3

I turned the TV down, and started reading my book for Literature, the same book Kendall was reading. At about half way through the second page, I fell asleep.