Being the Good Girl

Nia's POV

I always hated the reputation I was given on Dance Moms. I was the good girl, the one who's mom never got in fights, the one who's parents were raising her right. It bugged me. I would never be as good as Maddie was or Chloe is. I knew that. But I can be better than Kendall and Paige. A month after the 5th and last season of Dance Moms ended, I had started being homeschooled. I took two hours of school a day. I was already doing college level math, my mom wasn't worried. I started taking extra dance classes, watching what I ate, and stretching six times a day. My dad thought I was crazy. My brothers thought I was crazy. My mom thought I was crazy. But nothing was going to stop me from being the best.

I was forgotten. The girl who couldn't dance solos or duos or trios. I was often ignored by Chloe and Paige. I was ignored by everyone except Kenzie most of the time. 

I went into class, even though I didn't have a solo. I just worked on turns and stuff. I knew Miss Abby would never look at me like she did Maddie, Chloe, or even Paige. My mom didn't care if I did well in dance. She just cared if I got educated. UGH! I hate it. 

I was also bullied. Fat, ugly, bad at dancing. Those words became a part of my everyday life. I started keeping a tally of everytime I heard one of those words said to me. I would miss one meal for everytime someone called my fat. 

 I was in the studio when Abby walked in, impressed that I was working. I had changed since I was a kid. I had gotten skinny, and tall, with long legs. My unruly, frizzy hair had grown into glossy curly brown hair. Today I was wearing a hot pink crop top and black bootie shorts. My hair was hled in a high ponytail.

"Nia!" Abby said.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I'm impressed by you getting here early. Do you want a solo?"

"Yes!" I said. Yay! I was finally getting a solo! 

"Alright, this is a piece I wanted to give to you when you were younger, but the show wouldn't let me." Abby said. I nodded.

The producers often made Abby not give certian people solos. Paige actually does really well in solos, and she got a lot of solos, the show just didn't show them. She has already been in two ballets, en pointe, because she's so good at ballet. Her and Chloe are the best ballerinas here, after Brooke, of course. Maddie, Chloe, and Paige's trio got a lot of performances, winning a 1st place everytime, but they didn't show it. Kendall got a lot of duos with Kenzie, but they weren't shown. Brooke and Paige had a duet that was really good, but they never showed it. Abby bent the rules for everyone, except me.

"It's called Show Them. You need to show them how great you are Nia. Now, do it." She said.

I smiled, glad to finally have a solo/

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please comment any questions or ideas! Also! I need a character. They must be a dancer! Please fill out this and comment it:

Name:

Gender:

Age:

Best style of dance:

Least favorite style of dance:

Eye color:

Hair color:

Fun facts (2):

Thanks!

- <3 Hannah